PDA

View Full Version : Ghouls with characters

Benigno (WE)
06-03-2008, 07:18
Are they allowed to march before battle begins, if a character is attached to them?

Thanks in advance.

vceclipse
06-03-2008, 07:55
If a vampire have the "ghoulkin" bloodline power, ALL ghoul units can march b4 battle.

Benigno (WE)
06-03-2008, 08:01
But, if a vampire without that bloodline is attached to one of the units, can that unit march also?

vceclipse
06-03-2008, 08:03
No "ghoulkin", no b4 battle march moves.

Benigno (WE)
06-03-2008, 08:09
And, if you have a vampire with ghoulkin bloodline in a unit of ghouls, and another vampire without the ghoulkin bloodline in another unit of ghouls. Can both units march before battle begins?

Jagosaja
06-03-2008, 10:38
Yes, they can. It says that Ghoul units can march, not just Ghouls, so everything that is a part of a Ghoul unit marches as well.

Benigno (WE)
06-03-2008, 11:06
Thanks to both ^_^

UltimateNagash
06-03-2008, 11:10
And you only need 1 Ghoulkin :)

Spirit
06-03-2008, 15:38
Yea, one vamp with the ability lets ALL gouls and ALL attached charcters march before the game begins.

One-S
06-03-2008, 16:57
So, a mounted caracter in a unit of ghouls can make a march move before hte game starts if there's a caracter in your army with the ghoulkin power.
Can this caracter leave his unit to make his marche move?

Avian
06-03-2008, 16:59
No, then he no longer fits the requirement of the power (i.e. not being a unit of ghouls).

heinrichvoncarstein
06-03-2008, 20:00
Seriously Benigno, you should read the rules properly.

Benigno (WE)
06-03-2008, 20:13
Seriously Benigno, you should read the rules properly.

I should read the Vampire Counts rules, if I had the VC book, but I don't have it :/

Are you annoyed by my question? I thought that I can ask questions in the forum, but maybe you don't think so :rolleyes:

Jericho
07-03-2008, 03:49
Gee, I was under the impression that this was the rules clarification forum, not the "I want answers from a book I don't own" forum :p

Excuse the sarcasm, but I think it's a bit rude to make other people answer questions that would be obvious if you just bought your own copy.

Benigno (WE)
07-03-2008, 10:12
Gee, I was under the impression that this was the rules clarification forum, not the "I want answers from a book I don't own" forum :p

Excuse the sarcasm, but I think it's a bit rude to make other people answer questions that would be obvious if you just bought your own copy.

Why should I buy the book if I don't play them? Do you have all the Army books?

UltimateNagash
07-03-2008, 10:38
From the start of 6th edition, yes, for Fantasy
From the start of 3.5 edition for 40K, yes
And quite a few of the older books too (including 3rd edition Fantasy and Rogue Trader for 40K)
:p

Chicago Slim
07-03-2008, 12:28

The most certain way to know the rules is to buy the book. You can get a decent sense of the rules by asking people who have read them, or by taking a few minutes to skim through a store copy, but you're liable to miss something in either case, and you have to hope that it wasn't something crucial, that'll kick you around the block when you play against someone using that army.

If you're willing to not own the book, you need to be willing to face that possibility, that some rule you don't know will come up and lose you a game some time.

This is the great advantage of a decent gaming club, of course: my friends and I threw in together back in 5th ed, and decided to get all of the army books (I, for one, was tired of being surprised by each army's rules...)
Took us a while to catch up to 6th ed (we just got Dark Elves, a year and a half ago, because nobody locally plays them).

It can be an expensive proposition, but working with two or three other people to build a group library helps to spread it out.

UltimateNagash
07-03-2008, 12:32
It's not really that expensive. I mean, they only release 3-4 books a year, so it's what, maximum, less than 50 per year for one system. And they're good books anyway, so I think the cost is justified...

DeathlessDraich
07-03-2008, 14:08
Ghouls with character?
That would be my brother in law - an absolute ghoul and quite a character!:p

heinrichvoncarstein
07-03-2008, 22:21
It's not really that expensive. I mean, they only release 3-4 books a year, so it's what, maximum, less than 50 per year for one system. And they're good books anyway, so I think the cost is justified...

and it's useful to 'know thy enemy' as they say.

UltimateNagash
07-03-2008, 22:31
Exactly - that's why I have them all. Except the old Blood Angel, Dark Angel, Space Marine, and Imperial Guard books from 3rd edition...
Yes, that's how many of the "current" books I have :D

Nurgling Chieftain
07-03-2008, 23:13
I buy every codex when it comes out. Given that I spend more time discussing rules than playing, it makes sense to me. :p

heinrichvoncarstein
08-03-2008, 20:39
I don't buy every book that comes out. I think that's just wasting money....
But i read through them all heavily when they are released at my local gw store. :D