PDA

View Full Version : The ghoulking marches again (2250 pts vampire counts)

KingOfStarcraft
06-03-2008, 17:32
Vampire count, extra lvl (3), +2 power dice uppgrade, ghoul kin (free march before games start), Eternal hatred, sword of might, 2+ save armour, book of ahrkan, black periath.

Vampire, dark acolyte, heavy armour and additional hand weapon uppgrade Rod of flaming death.

Vampire, dark acolyte, heavy armour and additional hand weapon uppgrade

Core:
23 Ghouls, champion
23 Ghouls, champion
23 Ghouls, champion
5 Dire Wolfs
5 Dire Wolfs

Special:
5 Black Knights
5 Black Knights
5 Black Knights
5 Black Knights

Rare:
Warghulf
Warghulf

Tactic: Depending on enemy but vs a defensive turn 2 charges

Models: 104 Power Dice: 11(12) and 2 bound spells Dispel Dice: 6

Malorian
06-03-2008, 17:37
Models: 104 Power Dice: 11(12) and 2 bound spells Dispel Dice: 6

You have to break this up better. At first glance I thought you were claiming to have 104 power dice :D

Looks good although you might want to put those black knights into two big units instead of four small ones. Since you can't bait with them and they crumble they do better in large groups.

KingOfStarcraft
06-03-2008, 17:43
You have to break this up better. At first glance I thought you were claiming to have 104 power dice :D

Looks good although you might want to put those black knights into two big units instead of four small ones. Since you can't bait with them and they crumble they do better in large groups.

Well they are there when the ghouls get locked in combat to make flank charges mainly and herass small units of skirmishers.

Sarael
07-03-2008, 05:22
And in my experience, no small skirmisher units will stand up to them.

TBH though, I don't think you need the wolves with that many units of BKs. I'd drop the wolves for a cart, myself.

Some other day, try a full caster vamp count, and melee vampires. I'm seeing that mix of heroes to be superior so far.