PDA

View Full Version : First Dwarf List 1000pts

ironfather512
06-03-2008, 19:33
this is my first proper dwarf list, it seems to be quite small for 1000pts so i think i might have gone a bit OTT with runes, anyway comments and advice.

Master Engineer (general)
Brace of Pistols
Handgun
Master Rune of Gromil
Rune Resistance

Thane
Shield
Rune of Stone
Rune of Resistance
Rune of Cleaving

20 Warriors
Shields
Command
Rune of Battle

10 Thunderers
Shields

10 Thunderers
Shields

Cannon
Rune of Reloading

8 Miners
Command

thanks

sam

Time of Madness
06-03-2008, 19:42
The master engineer is a huge waste with only a single cannon. And why on earth is he your general?

Take a Thane for your general and take the second thane as a bsb.

Your warrior unit can't have a runic standard.

Take forging and burning for your cannons. This will save you from misfires.

I would drop the standard on the miner unit. It is too small to need a full command.
Time of Madnes

ironfather512
06-03-2008, 20:20
The master engineer is a huge waste with only a single cannon. And why on earth is he your general?
I like the engieer as a lone character not just to help out artillery. His stats aren't terrible and i like the background that go with engineers.

Take a Thane for your general and take the second thane as a bsb.
I guess i could take the thane as general. But im not a fan of BSB s

Your warrior unit can't have a runic standard.

My mistake

Take forging and burning for your cannons. This will save you from misfires.I would drop the standard on the miner unit. It is too small to need a full command.

will do, but i might drop the prospector instead. at least the Standard helps with comebat more than 1 attack.

thanks for your help

popisdead
14-03-2008, 19:16
Looks good and Kudos for making your first list only 1000 pts on a new army.

Remember dwarfs turtle, shoot, and then fight. So you want to not move them. I can't stress this enough for new Dwarf players but the last 2 big games I played against a dwarf player he exposed his flanks and rear and it lost him both games.

drop the command on 8 miners. they are going to die anyway.

best of luck!

Dead Man Walking
15-03-2008, 04:30
If you use the rifles on your engineer he cant give his bonus to the canon, so toss the rifles and pistols.

With all dwarf characters (From runesmiths to dwarven lords) except slayer characters it is best to just take a great weapon rather than magical rune weapons. Its cheap and it pounds just as hard if not harder than a magical weapon. Since your going to get charged anyways you will be striking last regardless unless you take the rune to strike first, which I only place on slayer characters to give the slayer first rank the chance to swing back.

BSB's are good but not neccesary at low points games. You wont need runesmiths either. In a 1k game I would even conscider taking just a thane general and getting more units on the table.

I would even drop the miners and go with a bolt thrower with unit champ (To hit on 3+/4+) with rune of penetrating. This thing will cause far more damage to your opponent than 8 miners. Some armies (Ogres, Lizardmen, brittonians, chaos) don't leave anything worth sacking in the back half of the field after the first turn.