PDA

View Full Version : Possible Orion loophole

Jericho
06-03-2008, 20:13
OK this is something of a smartass response to the fact that Orion is broken (and not in the good way) but is there anything stopping you from taking the banner that makes the unit unbreakable for a turn, and then getting Orion to join the unit that turn?

It raises all kinds of messy problems re: working out combats afterwards, but technically you are avoiding the "unbreakable characters cannot join breakable units" rule. It doesn't say that if the unit later becomes breakable the character must leave :p

I really wish they would post an FAQ for the Wood Elf book...

theunwantedbeing
06-03-2008, 21:35
Nope nothing stopping you doing that, that unit of course has to also be a unit of forest spirits...which makes things trickier.
ie. Only wild riders are elligible to do this.

As for the breaking problems..orion just loses wounds for how much you lost by, and the unit takes a break test as normal so flee's.
Orion stays where he is.

Well..thats how I would do it.

T10
06-03-2008, 21:49
It's a fairly common issue: a character legally joins a unit and and something happens that makes the character/unit combination illegal to reproduce. The rules do not address the issue, leaving you to resolve the consequenses by agreement with your opponent.

-T10

Jericho
07-03-2008, 03:40
Hooray so now all I have to do is spend the extra 50 points and have my Wild Riders not move for a turn so that I can use my army book in the way it was intended.

Once again: FAQ please :p

EvC
07-03-2008, 12:19
Similar questions have been asked by Empire players about Warrior Priests joining Flaggies when they become unbreakable. GW response: err, please don't do it, and there'll be an FAQ... honest.

Ikhoornix
07-03-2008, 14:01
I would treat it the same as the Tombking on a chariot in a chariot unit.
As long as the Tombking is mounted on the chariot he is allowed to stay in the chariot unit.

For Orion, it would be as long as they are both unbreakable Orion can join the unit. as soon as one looses it, They are counted as separate units.