PDA

View Full Version : 2000pnt tree army of DOOM!!

soulstealer666
06-03-2008, 20:48
right ive put this list togeather and im not sure if it will float or not, any advice welcome just dont mock me if i get it all wrong :) btw this is not supposed to beat everyone just a something that i can take to a tournment if i want

Dryarch 355
lv 2 mage, blight of terror, 2x cluster of radiance

branch wraith 165
lv1 mage, anyocance of nettlings, muder sprites

branch wraith 165
lv1 mage, befuddlemets of mischef, pagent of shrikes

branch wraith 165
lv1 mage, lamentation of dispare, muster of movolents

8 drayds 108
branch nymph

8 drayds 108
branch nymph

8 drayds 108
branch nymph

8 drayds 108
branch nymph

8 drayds 108
branch nymph

8 drayds 108
branch nymph

8 drayds 108
branch nymph

3 tree kin 195

3 tree kin 195

now i was thinking that i could drop one unit of tree kin and all the unit champs for a tree man but i dont know if its a good idea or not

RavenBloodwind
06-03-2008, 22:05
It's refreshing to see a treemonic legion without treemen. That said, it'll likely be a stronger list with the addition of the treemen.

Personally I'd keep the dryad champs.

If you drop one unit of dryads and one unit of treekin you can easily get the points for a treeman.

I'd also consider dropping most of the spites on your branchwraiths to free up points. If you dropped all the spites except the murder and annoyance you would again free up enough points to buy a treeman if you swap out a unit of treekin.

I'd also be fine with you keeping it treeman-free and see how it fares.

mightygnoblar
06-03-2008, 22:37
first off id drop all of the excess spites, in fact all but the mischiefs as this will save you a massive 125 points
next i really think that you should have a treeman but i would lose the treekin for it, instead i would drop some of the dryad units as imo you have too many, i normally find that 4 works well at this point level as such i would drop three units (saving you 324 points)

with this you can get your treeman and still have points to scatter about, id probably think about dropping a couple of unit champs and trying to squeeze in another unit of treekin

soulstealer666
07-03-2008, 01:07
thank you to both of you for quick replys, it has help my list grealty with your advice, now to go and crush some dawfs :)

cheers

soulstealer

Vascariz
07-03-2008, 07:55
Are treeman gonna get nerfed or something? Why the aversion?

lupercal
07-03-2008, 13:03
its very hard to make this army work without treemen

its fun to play without them, but it gets really frustrating when ur dryads cant break units

u can add wild riders in drychas army which gives u a welcome bit of maneuverabilty

2 treeman if u can fit them in gives u the potential for 7 tree singing spells each turn

hope this helps

soulstealer666
07-03-2008, 20:19
there is no real aversion to treemen, i thought about in 3000 pnt to just add 3 treemen and another branchwraith, and then i can mix and macht some of the proxy games ive had with this army are promising solong as the terror and fear work ok ish. i can put in treemen and see how they go im just worryed about not having the protection of massed units to hide in.

thanks

soulstealer

popisdead
14-03-2008, 19:10
you don't need to max out spites taken.

since it's such a themed list, maybe just loads of dryads?