PDA

View Full Version : He Vs We

BLinDy
07-03-2008, 10:27
When playing an WE that hides in the woods and shoots you to bits, with watwatchers and archers :( whats the best way to deal with getting into to combat with them or just dealing with them. Im a HE player, I took a chaiort which was a huge mistake because it couldnt do anything lol :(

My units that where able to get into combat. My sliver helms and spearmen manged to kill there fair share, but the rest didnt do much.

So whats a good way of dealing with WE's with an HE army.

Thanks Jack

Benigno (WE)
07-03-2008, 10:35
Chariots will put him in trouble. Charge with them to the archers, dryads and such.

BLinDy
07-03-2008, 10:42
his archers where in the woods all games, so where is wardancer(most part of it)... i didnt wanna take the impact hits on my own chairot.

His Drys didnt do much in the game, they died to my sliverhelms... who had the item that makes them all have magical attacks. then they lost combat and ran and got ran down.

wildkarrde0
07-03-2008, 10:42
make sure you have a fast hiting unit like sliver helms or better dragon princes with the banner of ellryion ( i know it will mis spelt !) watch as the wood player crys that his woods aren't safe or mount a battle stanard bearer on chariot with the banner and he can waltz through terrain unhinder.

BLinDy
07-03-2008, 10:48
:) Thank sounds like a nice idea lol.

SkawtheFalconer
07-03-2008, 10:57
Something like White Lions might also help with their Woodsmen ability and lion cloaks against shooting.

InquisitorFenix
10-03-2008, 22:56
As a wood elf player, i would say run them over. Take some hard hitting, fast units that the woodies cant deal with. Also magic him to death, lore of fire is mighty handy for taking out anything short of a treeman in the Wood elf army. Shoot them, use your longbows and bolt throwers. The Asrai have many of the same weaknesses as the Asur. We have T3, low unit strength and paper armour. You probably cant outmaneuver them but you may be able to almost equal their movement.

WhiteKnight
11-03-2008, 00:37
His Drys didnt do much in the game, they died to my sliverhelms... who had the item that makes them all have magical attacks. then they lost combat and ran and got ran down.

Silver Helms cannot take the 25 points in magic items like Dragon princes, swordmasters, PG, and White Lions. Only they can have the effects of the Amulet of Light if a character with that item is in the unit.

theunwantedbeing
11-03-2008, 00:41
The easy option is to take a load of your own shooting and load up very heavily on dragon princes, or even silverhelms as they both have the same ability to resist damage from wood elf bows.

Take a lord with the reaver bow as well.
The banner of ellyrion will be rather useful to you.

Then you just take a bunch of mages with loads of magic missles, if he cant shoot you he's too far in the woods to be hit himself. But if he can shoot you, you can shoot him.

marv335
11-03-2008, 00:52
Battle standard bearer with dragon armour, shield and halberd on a tiranoc chariot with the banner of ellyrion :D
that'll ruin his day.

Da Black Gobbo
11-03-2008, 10:44
I don't know a lot about new HE, but i can say you that the asrai lack in numbers and have a crappie armour your army can be as fast as the WE so fight fire with fire, chariots, reavers, silver helms and a Dragon!!! the dragon will hurt the WE as a pain in the *ss.

TheSanityAssassin
11-03-2008, 18:02
I've had great success using my own shadow warriors....get them into the woods with their scout deployment and deny them to the WE's....if the woodies get too near them...well WS5 and Hatred will see off most WE archer units.

W0lf
11-03-2008, 18:45
lions with huntsmen scare me.
Dragons and chariots scare me.
Dragon princes really scare me.

there 4 units that are really troublesome and 2 are pretty common as a standard choice.

Highborn
12-03-2008, 02:52
Magic scares me.

Kal Taron
12-03-2008, 10:38
I've had great success using my own shadow warriors....get them into the woods with their scout deployment and deny them to the WE's....if the woodies get too near them...well WS5 and Hatred will see off most WE archer units.

If you do that you can be in for a nasty surprise.
You give Treesinging a good target to make damage so you need to fend off that. And then there's the Deep Wood Sphere...

Conotor
12-03-2008, 14:11
Use lots of dragon knights. Heroes on horses running alone can work well too.

Dragons could also do well. They can close in fast, and have decent ground movement to get into combat in forests.

ZeroTwentythree
12-03-2008, 15:41
Dragons could also do well. They can close in fast, and have decent ground movement to get into combat in forests.

Or even just breathing on them should do fairly well, especially if they're lined up to shoot out of the woods. Land a dragon at one end ("side") and breath down the line.

Emeraldw
12-03-2008, 17:50
Use lots of dragon knights. Heroes on horses running alone can work well too.

I'm not so sure about that. I would love if a HE player did that. A WE lord with Bow of Loren and Arcane bodkins would quickly put the hurt on Dragon Princes. Chariots work especially well because I cannot hurt it as easily.

A lot of light cavalry would be useful.

W0lf
12-03-2008, 18:08
A WE lord with Bow of Loren and Arcane bodkins would quickly put the hurt on Dragon Princes. Chariots work especially well because I cannot hurt it as easily.

Is that lord combo that common??? If so magic missile him/shoot him to death.

Chariots are just as easy to kill as 4 T4 models with heavy armour + shield for us. (chaso warriors/dwarves etc)

Their chariots are T4.. that makes a hugh diffrence.

Oh and light cav is a pretty aweful idea. their cav costs alot and our shooting will put the hurt on. Not to mention the fact light cav will kill nothing and dryads/wardancers will have a field day.

Dont forget with Hes its easy to out shoot WEs. Just target his glade guard with S4 multi-shot bolt throwers and some archers and they drop so fast its silly. Heavy magic would also cause a untold amount of problems. My elves dont like magic missiles :cries:

Emeraldw
12-03-2008, 18:36
Is that lord combo that common??? If so magic missile him/shoot him to death.

Chariots are just as easy to kill as 4 T4 models with heavy armour + shield for us. (chaso warriors/dwarves etc)

Their chariots are T4.. that makes a hugh diffrence.

Oh and light cav is a pretty aweful idea. their cav costs alot and our shooting will put the hurt on. Not to mention the fact light cav will kill nothing and dryads/wardancers will have a field day.

Dont forget with Hes its easy to out shoot WEs. Just target his glade guard with S4 multi-shot bolt throwers and some archers and they drop so fast its silly. Heavy magic would also cause a untold amount of problems. My elves dont like magic missiles :cries:

I don't know if it's common but I remember when I first got the book, saw the BoL then saw arcane bodkins and they didn't remove the effects of magical bows like some of the other arrows and I thought "damn, thats gonna hurt."

If their chariots are only T4, then never mind, thats totally hurtable.

Speaking of magic have you seen my issue in Tactica: Asrai? I am at a loss about what to do with my VC friend and I cannot seem to decide the best way to handle him.

TheSanityAssassin
12-03-2008, 20:04
If you do that you can be in for a nasty surprise.
You give Treesinging a good target to make damage so you need to fend off that. And then there's the Deep Wood Sphere...

If he wants to waste his magic on my 5 shadow warriors, he's more than welcome to! I don't expect them to survive the game...