PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts Bretonnia (please comment, tips, etc)

DrDogmeat
07-03-2008, 19:21
Paladin Battle Stardard w/ warhorse, war banner (virtue of duty) 129
Damsel w/ 2 dispel scroll 120
Lord w/ questing vow, great weapon (virtue of empathy) 138

23 Men-at-arms w/ full command 147 (lord and damsel here)
25 Men-at-arms w/ full command 152
25 me-at-arms w/ full command 152

15 knights Errant w/ full command, Errantry banner 341
14 knights w/ full command 360 (battle standard here)

3 pegasus w/musician 175

15 bowmen skirmishes 105
2 trebuchets 180

TOTAL 1999

wolfenstein
07-03-2008, 20:04
the only knights are in units that are a bit big, the lord shouldnt have a gw(a waist of points) and far far far far far too many men at arms. i would suggest dropping 2 units of men at arms and drop the 2 knight units down to 9. just by dropping the 2 units of men at arms it gives you 304pts to spend on more knights of the realm possibly? and by cutting down the 2 knight units giving you points to spend on another character maybe. but thats all the advice i can offer seeing as im not a bret player myself.

Mercules
07-03-2008, 21:31
The Knights are definitely too big. Once past the rank bonus you are only wasting points. They are not like a cheap infantry unit where you might want an extra rank to keep static CR rank bonus.

druchii
08-03-2008, 16:44
The Knights are definitely too big. Once past the rank bonus you are only wasting points. They are not like a cheap infantry unit where you might want an extra rank to keep static CR rank bonus.

Keep in mind that when a Bretonnian Lance formation charges, every model on the flank gets to make an attack also, just as if it were in the front rank of the formation.

This isn't to say that the knight units aren't too big. They are.

Make the units units of 8 or 9 (you could cut some KOTR and make two units of 9 Errants, and one unit of 8 KOTR+BSB). This would give you more units with which to lock down your opponents scary stuff. Usually it's better to get fewer attacks off of the charge of a single, big unit, but have another, duplicate unit that does the same thing. Not like you can't fit two lances into the front of an infantry unit, as it is :d

d

Mercules
10-03-2008, 18:26
Keep in mind that when a Bretonnian Lance formation charges, every model on the flank gets to make an attack also, just as if it were in the front rank of the formation.

This isn't to say that the knight units aren't too big. They are.

You will get extra attacks, on a charge, but you are also spending the points for 3 knights to get 2 more knights worth of attacks. If that third knight isn't also giving you a rank bonus it's only hurting you by making your flank larger and your unit more unwieldy.

As you said, it's not that difficult to get two Lance formations into a normal block of infantry and the OP would be better off going that route. I've learned the hard way the more "units" you have the easier it is to get someone where you need them to be. :)