PDA

View Full Version : Epic:A: Gaurd Commisar question

EyEwitness
12-10-2005, 10:46
Now my eldar have gone past the 4000+ point mark I've decided to start a gaurd army to fight against them.
I have a question about commisars (Prob. really simple, but then so am I:confused: ).Before I start basing up characters...

When commisars are added to an infantry company, do they replace an infantry stand (with an infantry stand inc. commisar figure) so you'd end up with 1 commander stand, a commisar stand, and 11 infantry stands. OR are they added as an extra unit, giving a commander, a commisar, and 12 infantry stands?

The special rules section lists characters as an addition to a unit, but the commisar entry suggests they are a seperate unit added to the formation? If they follow the special rules, does that mean you can add commisars to Tank and Artillery companies too? (Don't have the book with me at the moment to check the wording)!

xerxeshavelock
12-10-2005, 11:00
Characters are usually represented as additional attacks on an existing unit. A Commissar can be added to any unit, not just an infantry unit, so it is possible for, say, a leman Russ to have a Commissar sticking out of the top, and get the extra attack etc.

EyEwitness
12-10-2005, 14:47
So the commisar abilities are added onto the commander in the company? or does the commisar replace the commander completely?
(Infantry company would be 12 infantry + commander with commisar)

Sorry, gotta get my head round this before I start basing figures!

orangesm
12-10-2005, 15:09
They are added on. It is an upgrade to the formation. Technically you could put him on another stand if you wanted.

xerxeshavelock
12-10-2005, 16:10
Think of him like wargear. You add him to any unit, I don't remember if you can choose or have to add him to the commander. He doesn't replace anything, just upgrades.

CyberShadow
13-10-2005, 14:25
Yes, he is just added to another stand, and nothing is removed. Many people mount their Commissars alone on a base and just put him next to the unit that he is attached to - it stops them having to make two bases of everything, one with the guy and one without.

He can be attached to any unit, vehicles included, and the first one must be the army commander.

Mouldsta
13-10-2005, 18:46
Lone super heavies with commissars in them are very nice - not only do you have a shadow sword roaming around, but it's fearless, inspiring, and has an extra MW attack as well!