PDA

View Full Version : What are some good FPS' out now?

daemonhuntermoe
20-04-2005, 21:39
I'm looking for some FPS' to buy. I already own Raven Shield and know that Half Life 2 & CS are good, but I don't like playing online (I can't trust my teammates).
Fire away

N'bel
20-04-2005, 21:51
I've always loved Battlefield 1942, with the expansion there's tons of maps to play on.

I think there is a sequel to it coming out soon...

Ass Goblin
20-04-2005, 22:33
Battlefield 2 comes out next month if i'm correct it was due this month but there where delays. I myslef are in a BF1942 clan and I love the game!

Marneus
21-04-2005, 00:20
I just rented Doom 3 for the Xbox, as my PC sucks and next computer purchase will be a Mac, so my Xbox will be my gaming rig. I've never played the PC version, but the port is amazing, fantastic graphics, frantic gameplay + Original Doom console action :D

Nurgling Chieftain
21-04-2005, 00:28
What kind of FPS's do you like?

I would add Call of Duty, Far Cry, and Painkiller to the list of titles to consider for relatively mindless shooter action.

:0)
21-04-2005, 00:36
Unreal Tournament is quite good as well.

Wolflord Bloodangel
21-04-2005, 00:41
The single best FPS out at the moment would be FarCry. Excellent game, a good military feel to it while still being arcadey and fun. Ridiculously good graphics and scenery (youre fighting on a jungle island and it LOOKS like a jungle).

Half Life 2 is also excellent... really really fun. If youve got the Xbox then Halo2 is probably my number 2 'modern' FPS, exceptional fun and an awesome storyline if you feel like getting into it.

If you feel like the classics though, find yourself System Shock 2 and the original Deus Ex in a bargain bin, the graphics arent all that (especially SS2) but the gameplay is intense and captivating and both games have really good RPG elements. System Shock 2 is my vote of all time best game ever (and so very very very scary).

daemonhuntermoe
21-04-2005, 01:11
What kind of FPS's do you like?

Something with a good story. Also lots of shooting.

N'bel
21-04-2005, 01:16
Serious Sam is my all time favorite random shooting explosions and death game. It's really silly but great fun to play.

Kittah
21-04-2005, 01:30
I recommend Half-Life 2 quite highly. Definitely one of the best FPS games I've played, and probably the best I've played in the last few years. I wouldn't bother with Doom 3 personally, unless you can get it for a dirt cheap price.

Paddy
21-04-2005, 12:43
Half life 2 is getting expanded in the very near future too don't forget!

Samoth
21-04-2005, 13:52
Halo if we're talking pc, and halo if we're talking xbox.

Many others, but they have been mentioned already. 42's great, as is bf 'nam, and bf 2 is due shortly.

Verergoca
21-04-2005, 14:05
*Huey flies in, while playin Ride of the Valkyries loudly*

Battlefield Vietnam is great think... dunno about the others, havent played them...

I was busy with BFV, ok...

*Huey flies off again, the music fading slowly*