PDA

View Full Version : Hills - A Tutorial

Grey_Death
06-05-2008, 21:24
Heya folks, I just finished writing my long and detailed tutorial on creating hills 'my way'.

Check it out (http://thepaintingcorps.blogspot.com/2008/05/hill-tutorial.html), give it a read through, and lemme know what you think! Feel free to comment here or on the blog.

Enjoy!

skullcandy
06-05-2008, 22:24
It's good, and easy to understand. Good job Grey_Death. If you haven't already, you guys need to check out autmn foothills, they are really good.

bugbait_nz
07-05-2008, 02:13
Nice, worth the effort I think, did I miss something, you dont seal over the grass with any sprays?
Do you have issues with the grass rubbing off?

Bugbait out.

Grey_Death
07-05-2008, 02:18
Nice, worth the effort I think, did I miss something, you dont seal over the grass with any sprays?
Do you have issues with the grass rubbing off?

Bugbait out.

I personally haven't had any issues yet with the grasses coming up. Though, my table sees a light amount of traffic compared to a FLGS's. But I added steps to ensure that you get all of the loose flock off of the piece in the process of making it. Using the paint brush really works wonders for getting all of that stuff off.

Zippy24
08-05-2008, 20:56
Great tutorial, do you have any more?

Shonuff
08-05-2008, 22:14
I apporve of this tutorial.

Simple, easy to follow and with picture step by step goodness.

You get the SSA (Shonuff Seal of Approval)

(I made two plain basic hills I had laying around, look much better using this tutorial. Thanks)

Grey_Death
09-05-2008, 00:22
Great tutorial, do you have any more?

I have done other tutorials. You can check out my site The Painting Corps in my sig. Just give it a look around ^_^.

I apporve of this tutorial.

Simple, easy to follow and with picture step by step goodness.

You get the SSA (Shonuff Seal of Approval)

(I made two plain basic hills I had laying around, look much better using this tutorial. Thanks)

I'm glad you like it! And I'd love to see what sort of results people get from using some of the techniques I put out in the tutorial.

Zippy24
09-05-2008, 00:29
Thanks for the tutorials.

Sister Thumps
15-05-2008, 17:54
very cool tutorial, thanks for putting it together