PDA

View Full Version : New player thinking of starting an army

EndlessBug
29-05-2008, 20:38
ok, so basically my question is, would a Slaanesh/Tzeentch army work for 40k? I'm thinking of starting one for fantasy and I'm wondering how legit it would be in 40k as well... 2 birds 1 stone and all that.

The army would have:
Keeper of Secrets
Blue Scribes
Tzeentch herald
Masque

20 Daemonettes
20 Pink Horrors
5 Furies

10 Seekers

3 Fiends of Slaanesh

with these choices would I be able to make a decent 40k daemons list? (I don't mind buying 1 or 2 more models but not too many more)

edit: just realised this should be in the Tactics: Army Lists forum not general discussion, could someone move it please? :) Sorry.

MysteryGilgamesh
29-05-2008, 20:46
ok, so basically my question is, would a Slaanesh/Tzeentch army work for 40k? I'm thinking of starting one for fantasy and I'm wondering how legit it would be in 40k as well... 2 birds 1 stone and all that.

The army would have:
Keeper of Secrets
Blue Scribes
Tzeentch herald
Masque

20 Daemonettes
20 Pink Horrors
5 Furies

10 Seekers

3 Fiends of Slaanesh

with these choices would I be able to make a decent 40k daemons list? (I don't mind buying 1 or 2 more models but not too many more)

edit: just realised this should be in the Tactics: Army Lists forum not general discussion, could someone move it please? :) Sorry.

Thats almost my 40k list! I don't use Seekers/Scribe/Masque though, I don't have any.

And I think it works, with a few additions-

Get Flamers of Tzeentch, they're awesome.

Get 2 or so Daemon Princes and a Soulgrinder to have Hvy options (plus they're awesome).

Furies aren't so good...

senorcardgage
29-05-2008, 21:34
Well, for 40k I would say that units of 20 are overkill. Other than that you're just a tad character heavy for my liking.

(And furies are brutal! :) )

Son of Makuta
30-05-2008, 18:09
Two units of 10 of each type are probably the best way to go. Perhaps even less.

Sorry to crash the party but in a 40K daemon list you can't have three Heralds and a Keeper of Secrets - it's two Heralds or one Greater Daemon to a HQ slot. So you can have 1 GD and two Heralds, or four Heralds, or two GDs. I'd recommend dropping one of the Tzeentch heralds, they're likely to do the same or similar thing anyway (whereas a Keeper of Secrets is obscene in close combat and the Masque gets three Pavane of Slaanesh's a turn).

I'd also suggest Flamers. And Soulgrinders/Daemon Princes. All three of those radiate, or dribble in the Flamers' case, pure awesome.

Torga_DW
30-05-2008, 18:22
You have the makings of a viable list there imo. Yes you should be able to swap your army between both 40k and fantasy.

Corn Berserker
30-05-2008, 18:57
What?!? Chaos with marines?! cough. It's all about the armour saves. :)