PDA

View Full Version : Special Features?

Orangetoggie
29-05-2008, 20:59
Im off to Battlefields in August and as part of the army you must take a Special Feature Marker as each player will get to place one in each game.

My initial question was going to be what marker should I make. Im taking Ogres and any suggestions are welcome. ;) (Max 50mm base)

Then I started to think how little our gaming group has used these rules, unless they were written in to a league rulepack or special scenario.

So I thought Id ask how everyone else uses the Special Feature Rules from the rulebook and the opinions on them in general.

Personally, I see them as a good thing to spice up the ever popular Pitched Battle.

So Special Features, what do you reckon and how do you use them?

Greymarch
30-05-2008, 02:55
For Ogres, how about a giant pile of ham and turkey legs? Maybe give a reroll to Ld if within 6", or "absorb" a wound taken from casting Gut Magic when near it...

ehlijen
30-05-2008, 03:14
Ham and turkey legs? Sounds more like halflings :D

How about a chest of gold? Or a hole in the ground to throw those guys into who become gorgers later?

Lord Omnissah
30-05-2008, 10:01
How 'bout a gorger chained to a post or something. All enemies within 2d6" have to take a fear check, or are at -1ld. Also, if any unit, friend or foe gets into base to base contact, they automatically take d6 strength 4 hits.

Or, maybe a gnoblar hut? Each turn it makes d6+1 gnoblars which must automatically move towards the closest friendly gnoblar unit.

Rubicon
30-05-2008, 10:30
A Gnoblar with a dinner bell in front of a tent?

I might do that myself, Gnoblars are Hilarious!

Orangetoggie
30-05-2008, 19:41
Cheers for some of the ideas guys. I especially like some of the rule suggestions and if I play a campaign again they will get used. The gorger marker rules are pretty cool.

I think for battlefields the gnoblar with a bell suggestion is awesome. :)

Any thoughts as to my second question? What do you guys think as to the existing special feature rules and how do you use them?

Cheers

Minister
30-05-2008, 19:53
The unfortunate answer is that, for the most part, the local club doesn't use them at all. I'm actually tempted to see about sorting this on Sunday and finding a use for them.

Chaos Mortal
30-05-2008, 20:10
lol the gnoblar and dinner bell would be funny and at any time during the game (one use only) any ogre within 2d6 can make a d6 move towards the tent (maybe not usefull but funny none the less)