PDA

View Full Version : A few beasts of chaos questions?

sugarwookie
30-05-2008, 03:15
I'm considering doing a themed list based around Morghur and would like a few questions answered about him as well as some general questions.

Once the Spawn power is used, if on friendly units you use the units leadership, right?

What are basic unit sizes for herd groups? In other words, what do most folks take in their lists for the Bestigors and Gor choices as far as min/max goes for functionality

I'm curious when the rewrite for BOC might come around as I'd hate to build a themed list around a character that'll get dropped sometimesoon!

Thanks in advance!

Gorbad Ironclaw
30-05-2008, 04:23
I think it's a good bet that Morghur will not be making a reappearance, at least not as he is right now. Or at least I would hope so since he seems to be one of the most hated special characters in the game. If you build your army to take advantage of his rules it just because a case for your opponent to try and kill one unbreakable spawn after another, without getting any points either.

If you do want to go ahead with it I'd really advice to proxy it for a few games before you go overboard and build a ton of chaos spawns etc.

decker_cky
30-05-2008, 05:24
Morghur isn't as bad as most people pretend. He doesn't come close to most opposing special characters, considering a chariot/light charge kills him with ease, he makes you play without a general in an army with horrible psychology problems, he puts a drawback on every unit you have, and he's expensive.

You can make a fun, decent list with him, but in all honesty, the worst of lists won't make 450 pts of spawn with him over the course of a game.

Check out the herdstone (link in my signature) if you're interested in lists with him, as there've been a few discussions on making armies with him recently.

sugarwookie
01-06-2008, 22:38
Thanks for the input. I really would like to make an army with a lot of low leadership hounds to surround him, making lots of spawn.
The thing is I love the spawn kits, but you're limited with what you can do with them. I was thinking I could use them in a BOC army and also in a 40k list, though not with any serious intents of winning. The Spawn or pretty worthless in 40K, but would make for a very cool looking force I'd think.
I don't think Morghur is as broken as some of the other characters and with the newer books coming out like VC's it seems to me like some of the older books need IC's like Morghur to help the cause.

Peace!