PDA

View Full Version : Damaged contents from a LGS.

Ward.
30-05-2008, 13:03
Alright first of all, don't laugh at me, I know the following isn't really a major issue and hasn't really inconvinienced me what so ever. That's why I decided to ask here first to get an idea of what I should do.

Mods if this is a repeat or in the wrong place, my apologies.

Yesterday I bought a box of nightrunners to add variation to my clanrat blocks and one set of bases has been miscast. Now for some reason the only spare bases I have are the slotta bases and I can't stand filling in that little strip of nothingness in the middle.

So what should I do?

Also while I'm at it, what should a person do when a GW product they by from a LGS or over the Internet is damaged? contact GW, the seller or someone else?

vesp
30-05-2008, 13:06
Go to the seller first I guess, if they can't/won't help you they may point you in the direction of help from GW?

unlucky though :(

If all else fails a bag of bases is still pretty cheap, still a pain in the ass though, i know.

Templar Ben
30-05-2008, 13:28
Call GW. It doesn't matter the retailer, it is their product. I have called when given a mispack from the warstore.

dancingmonkey
30-05-2008, 13:29
phone MO and ask for some more?
Or just use match sticks to fill the slottas, that's what I do, cheap and easy.
Or even tape if you really can't be bothered.
Gotta be about five mins work at best...

Vic
30-05-2008, 14:23
When you contact GW, they will want the box and batch number from which the problem occurred. About time too, considering all the old stories on Portent about people calling GW up trying to get "free" stuff off them.

Another way to fill the slow is use bits of sprue, as well as some modeling cement. Works fine. OR, use wall putty to fill the slot, as well as to decorate your base with (putty makes great and inexpensive basing material, started using it on my FOW armies, then ported the tact over to my 40k modelling).

Brother Loki
30-05-2008, 14:27
It depends a bit on where you are.

In the UK, in law, your contractual relationship as a buyer is with the seller, and it is up to them to rectify the mistake and then take it up with the manufacturer. I don't know about other countries.

However in practice, the LGS probably isn't likely to have spare bases and so would have to open another box to replace them, and then chase it up with GW, which will make them sad and potentially cost them the opportunity to sell that box to someone else. That means its probably easier to call GW. They're noted for their customer service, so they'll probably just give you some bases.

Ward.
30-05-2008, 15:05
Thanks for the input everyone, I'll give GW a call/ email tomorrow and see if I can get some replacement bases. At the very least they should be interested to know some of their casting equipment might be a bit off.

It's not that I couldn't just fill in the slotta base holes, it's that I just don't feel like it :D

Templar Ben
30-05-2008, 15:16
Thanks for the input everyone, I'll give GW a call/ email tomorrow and see if I can get some replacement bases. At the very least they should be interested to know some of their casting equipment might be a bit off.

It's not that I couldn't just fill in the slotta base holes, it's that I just don't feel like it :D

I understand. I once had a box of GK that didn't have the back packs. Now like all Marine players I have 100's of backpacks in a drawer but I called and told them anyway. The sent me more that I didn't need but they knew that they had product leaving that wasn't correct which they did need.

Roguebaron
31-05-2008, 23:09
If you don't get new bases, just glue a strip of scotch tape over the slot, i've been doing it for years and it works great. Tape over top, then base your gravel etc on top of that, then the slots not an issue.

Bookwrak
01-06-2008, 05:29

Considering it's going to take more time and effort to get bases from GW, that's more than a little bizarre. When I need to convert a slotta base, I put tape over the slot, flip it over, pour in a little white glue for solidity, and after 27 seconds (I timed myself out of curiosity) you're good to go.

Finn Sourscowl
01-06-2008, 20:24
I had a problem with a box of Bret Knights I bought from a well known independant web store (the heads of the horses were missing). One quick mail to them and they got GW to mail the required heads out to me (in Sweden!) asap. So I think both methods are work :)

nurgle_boy
01-06-2008, 20:33
more than likely a dud batch lately. I nabbed some from someones box of plague monks, and half of the sides were missing... just stick those guys in the middle of the regiment, and you are done!

as for slottas, a touch of masking tape over that hole fixes it!

George Dorn
13-06-2008, 10:06
I've always found the staff at GW very helpful when a sprue has been miscast. I think they would happily exchange. An independent retailer might have a different policy but should still exchange faulty goods.

One member once suggested that a sprue missing half a SM arm could be used to depict battle damage. but I stood my ground and they sorted it out.
That guy's always shot from the lip.

Royal Tiger
13-06-2008, 10:14
just go back to the store you brought it from, why wouldn't he change them for you, I know mine would

Mad Doc Grotsnik
13-06-2008, 12:38
I'd try the local store first as well, due to the Batchcode things.

After all, if he has three of a duff batch, he might like to know and get it sorted out. And if he shows no interest, GW will sort it for you instead.

But good question really.

The_Dragon_Rising
13-06-2008, 13:43
I got a box of dire avengers for x-mas once however it took me until june to open them. Looking at them i found i was missing a sprue of legs.

I simply went down to my local GW, told them the problem and they filled out a form took the old box back, no questions asked and gave me a new box of avengers.

blongbling
13-06-2008, 15:43
go back to the FLGS and ask for a new one.....or contact GW and ask them to send the bits......dead easy