PDA

View Full Version : new marine codex modeling

zoodog
01-06-2008, 21:55
I was putting together some more heavy and special weapon marines and just wondered if I was more correct in the modeling of pistols onto them ( like I had already done with a few) with the new codex coming out? I know a few people who had bolters on them with the current codex but never really felt quite right to me.

Tonberry
01-06-2008, 22:05
If the new codex follows the DA format, with all Marines being armed with BG, BP & CCW, then it will be correct, as the Marine replaces his Bolter with the special/heavy weapon.

Havarel
01-06-2008, 23:04
In the DA codex, the marines are only armed with a BG and BP. Its Chaos that have BG, BP+CCW.

Lordsaradain
01-06-2008, 23:11
Still, in the new marine codex it is likely the loyalists will follow suit and get CCW, BG, BP as well as FG's and KG's. ;)

Satone
01-06-2008, 23:21
why would they give marines bp, ccw and bolter, i dont see it happening, maybe the pistol but theres no point giving them the ccw as well. Otherwise why bother with CSMs if they have no value compared with SMs?

ManusMarines
01-06-2008, 23:32
why would they give marines bp, ccw and bolter, i dont see it happening, maybe the pistol but theres no point giving them the ccw as well. Otherwise why bother with CSMs if they have no value compared with SMs?

Because they have cool spikey bits?

You should be fine modeling them with pistols. If for some reason they don't get pistols, oh well..it still looks cool.