PDA

View Full Version : Of ICs & Retinues

Ravenheart
01-06-2008, 22:33
I picked up this bit of info on B&C, that afaik wasn't mentoned here yet:

Oh, and here's an interesting tid-bit - If your IC has a RETINUE, than it is no longer considered an IC in combat but becomes like a unit UPGRADE. I'm considering brushing up my Inquisitors....

ie with retinue bought from their description, ie inquisitors and grand masters, count as an upgrade in combat like vet Sargent

Can someone confirm this? Sounds quite useful.

TaintedSpam
01-06-2008, 23:02
Yes. I skimmed through the rulebook on Friday at a local gaming store. I remember looking through the IC section.

1. ICs must be in base contact with an enemy unit to attack in H2H, essentially just like it is now.

2. ICs cannot be within two inches (coherency) of a unit without joining the unit. ICs not within coherency of a unit can be picked out in shooting.

3. ICs that have retinues they cannot leave then count as "upgrade characters" to the unit and essentially lose IC status.

I see this helping IG a little, and can be abused a little in the current Space Marine 'dex (and Black Templars, iirc) if the player opts for a beefy command squad retinue . Should help Daemonhunters too, but they need all the help they can get. GW is moving away from retinues though, so this will be self correcting problem.

Azzy
02-06-2008, 01:29
Yes. I skimmed through the rulebook on Friday at a local gaming store. I remember looking through the IC section.

1. ICs must be in base contact with an enemy unit to attack in H2H, essentially just like it is now.

I've been hearing differently. That is, that IC can attack (or be attacked) if they're within 2" of a model in BTB contact.

TaintedSpam
02-06-2008, 01:42
Perhaps I read it incorrectly... (wouldn't be the first time - and I was in a rush) but I seem to remember seeing very similar IC rules (regarding CC) as there are currently. Next time I get a chance at the book, I'll double-check.

.H.
02-06-2008, 01:52
The rule is definitely the same as it is now, the IC acts as a separate unit in assaults.

Pg. 49 says: IC are always treated as separate single-model units even if they have joined a unit. And have to be in BTB contact to attack or be attacked.

dwnhmcntryboy
02-06-2008, 05:13
The only problem with IC in a unit is that when you declare a charge with that unit you must resolve the charge immediatly. You must also move the IC into H2H first if at all possible. Note under the new movement rules you can no longer move over friendly models bases. There MUST be gap they can pass through without touching another model.

Another note, an IC can participate in H2H as long as he is within 2 inches of a friendly model in H2H. However, saves are allocated at the owners descretion.