PDA

View Full Version : RTT events

Essayons101
02-06-2008, 03:37
Does anyone know if RTT events are worth the time? There is one going on like 1.5 hrs away from me and I've never been to one. The guys I used to play with talk smak about turnys in gereral and I was wondering if they are as bad as they say.

02-06-2008, 08:16
you get what you put into it.

if you are a fluff player and expect everyone at a tourney to be too you will be disappointed.

but if you go there to play warhammer and just enjoy yourself then things should go real well.

you will have a few rule lawyers there its just something you have to deal with. but tourneys acn be fun as long as your willing to have fun

ZeroTwentythree
02-06-2008, 13:39
I've been going to RTTs for many years. I like to think I'm a pretty balanced player (competative but not over the top or WAAC.) Although I've occasionally faced an annoying player, I've always had a good time at the tournaments and a majority of the people I've met are really good natured.

Essayons101
02-06-2008, 16:45
I think I'm going to go to one. The main problem I've heard about is the scoring for painting, becouse its really subjective to the judges whats good and some ppl dont paint their own armys.

ZeroTwentythree
02-06-2008, 17:29
You are correct, it's subjective. However, on the large scale, the best armies will score well, the worst or unpainted armies will score poorly. It's usually at the small scale that the subjectivity comes into it (like determining which top painted army scored 1 point more than which other top painted army.)

My suggestion is to just arm yourself with that understanding, get past it and enjoy. :D