PDA

View Full Version : The dreaded question between skaven and TK

General Squeek Squeek
02-06-2008, 07:36
Ok I have been trying really hard to find out if skaven get there SiN vs the casket of souls. Sadly GW doesn't seem to have any information regarding this, and the closest thread on warseer is 2 years old.

Mainly has anyone found out for sure whether or not SiN applies to the caskets of souls????

My local store we've decided to dice off every game since there seems to be very compelling reasons for and against using the SiN.

Gazak Blacktoof
02-06-2008, 10:22
There's been a lot of debate over this rule on Warseer's rules sub forum. Our group are in the process of writing our own set of FAQ's and we've decided to errata the rule so that it reads as follows:

"All units in the Skaven army always add their current rank bonus to their Leadership value."

I'm afraid the original rule is unclear with regards to its interaction with the casket and rolling a dice or creating a house rule are the only solutions.

Makaber
02-06-2008, 10:31
I know this thread is going to spiral out of control. It's a circle argument really, and I can see both sides of it. However, I've landed on the conclusion that it is not a Ld-test, but an attack against the units Ld. Thus, it's no more a "Leadership based test" than a roll to wound is a Toughness-test.

But it's a moot point. Go with whatever you and your opponent are comfortable with.

WageMage
02-06-2008, 12:11
Except you get to use the leadership of the general which implies that SIN also works.

Aurellis
02-06-2008, 12:13
Except you get to use the leadership of the general which implies that SIN also works.

Quoted for truth, I think this is the intended outcome.

Oenghus
02-06-2008, 13:17
Quoted for truth, I think this is the intended outcome.

As a Tomb Kings player, I say to this: "Ditto."

valdrog
02-06-2008, 13:52
My club has always played it that is based on the unit/model BASE Ld if the general is not arround.

ZeroTwentythree
02-06-2008, 14:27
My club has always played it that is based on the unit/model BASE Ld if the general is not arround.

So if the unit had a magical spell affect or item or something else, you would not modify the LD? If there was a hero in the unit, they would not get to modify their LD?

Finnblood
02-06-2008, 14:45
I have always used SIN against the casket and will be doing so in the future. I'm packing if the opponent dares to disagree.

Casket already eats my skirmishers and weapon teams and rat ogres. The TK player should be pleased with a result of several hundred victory points with a flick of a lid.

Don't get me wrong, I don't usually use the rules as it suits me best (in fact, I usually am okay with the opponent taking the advantage in similar situations), but for me, SIN is sacred. It's the fundamental glue that holds my army together. Without it, there's no point in playing for me.

General Squeek Squeek
02-06-2008, 15:46
*sigh*

sad I was hoping against hope that somehow between this thread and the one two years ago GW would have released some kinda faq about there ruling? Where are they on this since there obviously no real answer?