PDA

View Full Version : Got a quick question for high elves players yes or no is enough

archeon8
03-06-2008, 21:15
i'm planning to buy a high elves battalion box and was just wondering if the spearman in the box also can be made into lothern seaguard?
(didn't know where to post this question so just took general discussion)
thx

Xavier
03-06-2008, 21:17
Yea, the spear elf sprues comes with bow and arrows in quivers which can be put on the back of the spear elf, and things like the standard top can be changed to be more sea guard like.

Falkman
03-06-2008, 21:17
Yeah, the spearmen kit have enough parts to make them into Sea guard.
(all there is is a quiver to glue on :p )

bluu
03-06-2008, 23:07
Yes, it is possible to make them into Lothern Sea Guard.

happy_doctor
03-06-2008, 23:22
If you're planning on getting the battalion, then the best way to convert the Sea Guard would be by mixing models from the archer and spearmen sprues.

I once saw a unit made like this in a WD (Storm of Chaos era): The front rank were spearmen kneeling with protruding spears and the back rank was firing their bows...

TheDarkDuke
04-06-2008, 01:32
The Battalion is great for parts that mix and match for you to make Seagaurd. In the last army book they even showed the mixing abilities, by creating Seagaurd and Reavers.

vesp
04-06-2008, 10:17
5th superfluous post telling the OP that YES, it is possible to do what he asked.

isidril93
04-06-2008, 18:40
yes (you have to write a minimum of 10 words so i couldnt just answer yer or no like you wanted us to, sorry)

Ethlorien
04-06-2008, 20:02
Y to the E to the S (so lame, but blame the min 10 characters).

minionboy
04-06-2008, 23:04
NO!

Oh wait, I mean't YES!

Lunzo
06-06-2008, 00:30
If you're planning on getting the battalion, then the best way to convert the Sea Guard would be by mixing models from the archer and spearmen sprues.

I once saw a unit made like this in a WD (Storm of Chaos era): The front rank were spearmen kneeling with protruding spears and the back rank was firing their bows...

OP, if you were planning on having more sea guard than just the models from the battalion then do it this way. That sounds like it would look awesome on the table.

Griefbringer
06-06-2008, 08:06

Sounds impressive - though you could do it also the other way around, with first rank shooting with bows and the spears to the rear.

farnham
06-06-2008, 10:54
How about each sea guard regiment in various states of firing and spearieness?
Front rank Kneel, archers in the next, spear behind with spears brought forward.