PDA

View Full Version : What model/models would you want back or created?

Wyrdstone
04-06-2008, 20:54
What model would you really like to come back into warhammer?
Or for that instance, what doesn't exist that you'd like to see?

For me it has to be the Empire War Wagon :D

Halelel
04-06-2008, 20:55
Skaven Doomwheel for me, I loved that thing, :)

Feefait
04-06-2008, 20:59
Dang! Hoping I'd be the first doom wheel! lol That is going to be number one I can imagine.

I'd like to see a model for Skink cold one riders again and the Engine of the gods from the Southlands army for a new model.

I also love the classic giant and wish that were still around.

Kronos
04-06-2008, 21:58
NEW very fat grom the paunch (though i suppose that what the AoW goblin king is there for)

Lord Mazdamundi for LM

and no matter how much people will disagree with me here i really want Chaos Dwarves back, or at least a new plastic set that can make Blunderbuss' and Warriors.

Gobbo Lord
04-06-2008, 22:27
I would like to see that amazing Azhag the Slaughterer that was prepped for the second Orcs and Goblins but was too big or heavy or something. They finally make an awsome wyvern (High Elf Dragon step to the back of the line) but dont release it. Arrrgh.
Plus the old, shed on wheels, pump wagon. So much more fitting as a snotling, rickerty ole thing than the current one, which looks like the snotlings have the most sturdy thing in the entire greenskin arsenal.

Abhorash
04-06-2008, 22:30
Nagash, mayby remade to look better.

Malorian
04-06-2008, 22:33
Luckily I haven't played fantasy long enough that one of my units was dicontinued, but I want a Lord Mazdamundi for lizardmen for sure.

Second on the wish list would be spellweaver on unicorn model for woodelves.

Pavic
05-06-2008, 02:01
I'd just be happy if they just re-released the most recent mounted daemonettes models and put out some new Herald models. Though, I have to admit, Mazdamundi would be cool, though I am sure that he would not be viable in anything less than 3K, and this might be pushing it.

Laurela
05-06-2008, 02:02
Mummies 8)

EightBall
05-06-2008, 06:58
questing knight blisters! oh and the Hellcannon.

Rubicon
05-06-2008, 07:15
The Hellcannon is still listed on the online store

Jagosaja
05-06-2008, 07:19
Hellsteed for Vampire Counts.
Abyssal Horror for Vampire Counts.
Black Knights for Vampire Counts.

jhon
05-06-2008, 07:27
the horn rat greater deamon !!!!!

EightBall
05-06-2008, 07:39
The Hellcannon is still listed on the online store

Oops yeah my bad. I was thinking I miss the bitz for it. My buddy had a great idea of making a chaos baneblade out of the hellcannon...but that's for another forum.

Okay howzabout the Archaon on Foot model from Storm of Chaos. Couldn't find that in the store.:) And the old skinny Cyclops Giant.

Braad
05-06-2008, 08:01
Actually, the hellcannon will be in the coming chaos book, as far as we know now...

Anyway, I think its silly that we did get forest goblin spider riders back, and also a forest goblin boss on spider, but no foot troops what so ever.
Okay, its fairly easy to convert a boss, since it has exactly the same stats as the normal gob, but for the core units, they always have armour and forest gobs shouldn't have that...

Also, as mentioned, Azhag's wyvern.

skullman86
05-06-2008, 08:05
http://wgamingresource.proboards40.com/index.cgi?board=mini&action=display&thread=1518&page=1

If that was the new Azhag then I am very disappointed it wasn't released because I would have bought it....and I don't even play O&G!!

vesp
05-06-2008, 09:29
There's a heck of a lot of pure, unrealeased AWESOME in that Azhag model. One of the great forgotten characters of WH...

As for me, I'd like to see the Great Taurus back. What a kickass idea that was :p

Jedi152
05-06-2008, 09:33
Second questing knights. the best models in the Bretonnian line and half of them get dropped!

You can see why they want to keep Azhag under wraps ... when everyone sees how good they can make models people will be wondering why they can't do it all the time...

snurl
05-06-2008, 09:36
The unreleased Azhag would be nice to have.
So would a Steam driven Dwarven Artillery tractor.

sigur
05-06-2008, 09:38
Anything, anything! My childhood!:cries:

Seriously, there's quite a bit of stuff I'd want to have back, like the older Bretonnian men at arms (don't like the new comicbook-style), lots of Empire models like Reiksguard on Foot, the Warwagon and Panther Knights. The Maiden Guard for HE and a few miniatures I don't even know but there have been some very cool Marauder HE and WE. Well, what else is there...oh yes, lots of old Dwarfs. You know, from the time when Dwarfs had characterful faces and wore less plate armour (nothing more boring than a model coated in plates of armour) but more cloth/leather and chainmail. That's it for today, thanks you.:)

Gobbo Lord
05-06-2008, 10:03
http://wgamingresource.proboards40.c...ad=1518&page=1
If that was the new Azhag then I am very disappointed it wasn't released because I would have bought it....and I don't even play O&G!!

Dam you for reminding me of how much i would have brought that model. I would have payed through the nose for it as it is fantastic. Maybe one day well see it. But not for a long time.

Look at the scenic base, the wyverns pose, walking around it, they could have charged 50 and i wouldnt have batted an eyelid.

Phoenix Blaze
05-06-2008, 11:05
A decent model for Gorthor! I'd use him a lot more if the model didn't suck.

Aekold Hellbrass, Arbaal the Undefeated, Engrimm van Horstmann and his pet dragon!

I miss the old days when Chaos Knights were uber, but from what I've heard, the new Chaos Army Book is going to reasert chaos as the violent army they should be!

Eternus
05-06-2008, 11:40
New Nagash model would be nice - preferably one that doesn't look like it was sculpted by a 4 year old using play doh.

Arkhan the Black back please as well.

vesp
05-06-2008, 11:50
hoom... I'd actually love to see a model of Zhatan the Black (commander of the Tower of Zharr).

That's just got to be awesome...

isidril93
05-06-2008, 19:38
aenarion for high elves

Bretonnian Lord
05-06-2008, 21:40
Bretonnian Foot Knights.

Disciple of Nagash
05-06-2008, 22:05
New model for Nagash based on the pic in the 4th edition undead book in the fluff section, Arkhan, mummies.

And even though vamps are still around I want the old S7 T6 lords back!!

Zoolander
05-06-2008, 22:18
Nagash, mayby remade to look better.

Word. No question about it.

snyggejygge
05-06-2008, 22:20
What does S7 T6 Vampires have w. models to do?

Id like a few oldschool things back; War Wagon, full of character, Aekold Helbrass, my favorite model for many, many years, a cooler Nagash, a good looking giant Flesh Hound for Arbaal, old Bretonnian Men-at-Arms.

Ethlorien
05-06-2008, 22:26
For me, it's the Maidenguard and Alarielle for the High Elves. Was really hoping they'd be updated and back in the new High Elf army book.

pkain762
05-06-2008, 23:10
i want the cursed company with richter krueger...... for DoW.... the models are awesome..... krueger is an awesome model on his own, but all of the undead skaven, orks, goblins, elves, and dwarfs..... just cool models... i want those back

kain

rodmillard
05-06-2008, 23:22
For me, it's the Maidenguard and Alarielle for the High Elves. Was really hoping they'd be updated and back in the new High Elf army book.

I second (or is it third?) that. I'd mush rather have alarielle as the lord-level mage special character than Teclis any day of the week - automatically knows all spells from the High and Life lists, aura of peace... she was so much more characterful (and so much less over-powered for the points)

For empire I'd like the named elector count models back, even if they just put the classic models on the web as collectors' models. Reiksguard on foot and teutogen guard would be cool as well.

For dwarfs, I'd love to see some of the Storm Of Chaos models made official - doomseekers, slayer pirates...

Imperium Star
06-06-2008, 01:57
i absolutly second the old school pump wagon...

and i want my OLD fanatic back, the metal one with the ball on the ground and the goblin in the air

xragg
06-06-2008, 02:14
Already stated, but I want to be able to use my Doomwheel and Vermin Lord again (other then the unofficial rules on GW website)

Wood elf chariots
Cockatrice (would give me incentive to rebuild my dark elf army I sold years ago)

WallyTWest
06-06-2008, 02:49
Wow... I didnt know that the pump waggon was dis-continued. (Guess thats why I havent seen one in ages.) I really loved the doom wheel too.

But If I had to choose (and I was allowed to be selfish) I would be torn between Chaos Dwarves and a new set of Knights of the Blazing Sun

Chaos Dwarves, old scupts or new ones. There was something to be said about how they looked. Some of the nicest figures and they took to the field made for an excelent ranked army. I would love to play them. Some of the most fantastic armies I have seen have been Chaos Dwarves.

But my selfish answer would be Knights of the Blazing Sun. Looking at what they did to Blood Knights... I would just go nuts for some Knights of the Blazing Sun scupted to that level of quality. I loved the old metals, but I think that the empre knightly orders would be awesome if released as actual sculpts.

If I had to nominate a sculpt in trade... I think that I would say the Empire Mechanical Horse... (but there are other contenders... like the new dwarfs.)

Kerill
06-06-2008, 03:14
Doomwheel
Vermin Lord
Asarnil the Dragonlord
Rules for alarielle and her guard as noted above

wizuriel
06-06-2008, 03:23
chaos dwarf lord.

It did get in the top 10 for the 25 best models

RavenBloodwind
06-06-2008, 03:43
On a silly note I'd like to see the old dwarf mountaineers on skis with their blunderbusses and 'yodel of doom'.

I'd also like to see the old norse models redone to make a more Norsca flavored chaos marauder army more readily doable.

==Me==
06-06-2008, 04:58
Seekers of Slaanesh, Doomwheel, Verminlord, Mazdamundi.

Bran Dawri
06-06-2008, 09:56
Dwarf warriors with spears!

The boyz
06-06-2008, 10:02
I would love to see the re-release of the old metal Empire state troops and Reiksguard footknights. I would also like to see the return of the old metal Dwarf range. I think they where sculpted by Colin Dixon, some of the best Dwarf miniatures ever.

Yorick
06-06-2008, 12:05
Agree with Doomwheel and Verminlord.. luckily I have both from way back then! :D

Elkantaar
06-06-2008, 15:09
agree with Nagash, though stat wise where would you start!!

EightBall
06-06-2008, 18:06
Second questing knights. the best models in the Bretonnian line and half of them get dropped!

So glad that someone agrees with me! I was sadly disappointed to return to my brets after a two year hiatus and see the blisters gone. I have managed to find some in the 50% off bin at various FLGS. I found a couple of the one just wearing his chainmail coif, he has a sword in one hand and a shield in the other, and I found the kindof chubby one with the bushy mustache and the "stovetop pot" helmet. The one I really want, though is the one that's got a closed face helmet, with what looks like a little satchel on top of it. He's my favourite one but alas unobtainable.

Bretonnian Foot Knights.

Thats the other unit I'd wish they'd at least make new models of. GW did alright with their two foot knight "heroes" released on the store. But honestly who puts their knights into a unit of peasants!? They would fit so much more appropriately in their own unit of foot knights. "Knight" is a rank of nobility, it doesn't always mean "riding on a horse." However, I guess they wouldn't be much different than Empire Greatswords...

Weldo Rubin
07-06-2008, 10:20
Azhag the Slaughterer's new model, please. Before everyone forgets that model...:eek:
I'd also like to see the return of the Chimera... I remember Gav Thorpe mentioning their return in Beasts of Chaos, in the intro of the Hordes of Chaos Army Book, but that never happened. What about having them as a Mount choice for Beastman Characters and maybe Mortals as well (a second Monstrous Mount which is smaller and cheaper than the Dragon of Chaos)...?

Anyway, I think it's silly that we did get Forest Goblin Spider Riders back, and also a Forest Goblin Boss on Spider, but no foot troops what so ever.
Okay, its fairly easy to convert a boss, since it has exactly the same stats as the normal Gob, but for the Core Units, they always have armour and Forest Gobs shouldn't have that...

Hear! Hear!

...And of course they should make new Seekers of Slaanesh! It was kind of annoying that none were shown in the Book...

WhiteShoes-n-gloves
07-06-2008, 16:20
dont know if you can still get them... but the dwarf drunks! you got a pack with some guys matched to different units holding mugs of beer that you could mix in! were great. Maiden Gaurd from the high elves, forrest goblins, very colourful... blue/pink horrors, lol. BTW, i have the old Giant model, barrel of beer on him, holding a tree as a club, brilliant! dont even know why they made new ones! (loving that azhag BTW, was wondering about him being in the book, but with no model). Thats all I can think of for now.
-Liam

tortoise
07-06-2008, 21:38
Slaangor and Tzaangor models would be very nice, as would some power specific upgrade sprues for chaos warriors.

Although I'd never play them a range of chaos dwarfs would be cool. I think they went in an interesting direction with the Hellcannon crew and I'd like to see more of it: they're an important part of the background.

Also more snotlings, as humorous as the originals, starting with a new pump wagon.

EightBall
07-06-2008, 22:11
dont know if you can still get them... but the dwarf drunks! you got a pack with some guys matched to different units holding mugs of beer that you could mix in! were great.

I don't know about GW NZ, but here on the US Website/Online-Store the complete set of Drunken Dwarfs is available in the Dwarfs Collectors section. I really wanted them for my dwarfs, but alas I had to suspend that army's production.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
08-06-2008, 07:27
I would like to have a new grom the paunch, nothing is cooler then a fat goblin

Greetz