PDA

View Full Version : Necromantic team for local torny

Krootman
14-07-2008, 02:52
So this torny is the first of this season which leads into next years league and im going to be using my necro team again so im starting from scratch now incase I dont want to bring last years team back (our commish is still not sure how thats going to work so this new team is my backup).

This is my starting 1 mill roster, the torny is in 2 weeks and only teams under 12000 team value can enter in so im trying to get a few games in before hand to get the team value up.

Here it is;
6 zombies
2 wrights
2 warewolfs
1 flesh golem
1 ghoul
2 rerolls
Leaves me at 980,000

Thoughts?

Cirrus the Blue
14-07-2008, 07:58
TWO GHOULS!!!!! These are your ballcarriers and when that one guy goes down, it's gonna hurt. Ghouls don't regen. :P I'd seriously reccomend the second Ghoul, even above and beyond the second werewolf. This even allows you a THIRD RE-ROLL!!!!! Here's my team reccomendation:

6 Zombies - 240,000
2 Ghouls - 140,000
2 Wights - 180,000
1 Flesh Golem - 110,000
1 Werewolf - 120,000

3 Re-Rolls - 210,000

This adds up to 12 guys total. If the FF's free, this adds up to 1,000,000 Gold on the nose. If you have to spend for it, I'd reccomend taking out a Zombie for the moment. This will let you easily save the extra cash for the first couple games to purchase the second werewolf. After all, you only need 11 guys to start a team, and like you said - you're gonna squeeze in a couple games before the tourney anyway, right? :) Besides, everyone's pretty durable anyways with the regen, so I'd reccomend you go with 5 zombies to start so that you can afford your Werewolf in time for the tournament.

One last thing to consider, however, is if you removed the last werewolf from the starting roster and replace him with a zombie, this will allow you a fourth re-roll for the upcoming season. Just some food for thought. I say, get those while they're cheap!!

- Cirrus

Krootman
14-07-2008, 14:05
TWO GHOULS!!!!! These are your ballcarriers and when that one guy goes down, it's gonna hurt. Ghouls don't regen. :P I'd seriously reccomend the second Ghoul, even above and beyond the second werewolf. This even allows you a THIRD RE-ROLL!!!!! Here's my team reccomendation:

6 Zombies - 240,000
2 Ghouls - 140,000
2 Wights - 180,000
1 Flesh Golem - 110,000
1 Werewolf - 120,000

3 Re-Rolls - 210,000

This adds up to 12 guys total. If the FF's free, this adds up to 1,000,000 Gold on the nose. If you have to spend for it, I'd reccomend taking out a Zombie for the moment. This will let you easily save the extra cash for the first couple games to purchase the second werewolf. After all, you only need 11 guys to start a team, and like you said - you're gonna squeeze in a couple games before the tourney anyway, right? :) Besides, everyone's pretty durable anyways with the regen, so I'd reccomend you go with 5 zombies to start so that you can afford your Werewolf in time for the tournament.

One last thing to consider, however, is if you removed the last werewolf from the starting roster and replace him with a zombie, this will allow you a fourth re-roll for the upcoming season. Just some food for thought. I say, get those while they're cheap!!

- Cirrus

True that on the rerolls, but why the ghoul over the wear wolf, I used the ware wolfs as ball carrers and they worked quite well for me (minus frenzy that was annoying sometimes) they are stronger better armored and faster, yes they dont have doge but I can get that skill after the first game probably.

Thoughts?

Cirrus the Blue
14-07-2008, 19:01
Basically, if you take both werewolves, you can't afford the third re-roll is the biggest reason for the second Ghoul. Not to mention Dodge is important no matter how you might want to put it. True, Werewolves can be great ball carriers, but I find them much more useful at guarding the sides of the field due to their Frenzy abilities than carrying the ball.

Holding the ball makes them a target, regardless of how scary they might be (it's not as though they're ST 4 or anything. They can dish out the hits, but they're not so great at taking them without Block or Dodge), so I'd say it's best to keep the ball to someone who can effectively hold onto it with a smaller chance of falling over. Depending on how many games you'll be playing prior to the date, I wouldn't count on getting a skill upgrade on any specific player to start with so much as focusing on getting your roster off to a good start with the third re-roll. Trust me. You'll be wishing it was there should you decide not to take it in lieu of the extra Werewolf.

- Cirrus

Krootman
14-07-2008, 20:51
Basically, if you take both werewolves, you can't afford the third re-roll is the biggest reason for the second Ghoul. Not to mention Dodge is important no matter how you might want to put it. True, Werewolves can be great ball carriers, but I find them much more useful at guarding the sides of the field due to their Frenzy abilities than carrying the ball.

Holding the ball makes them a target, regardless of how scary they might be (it's not as though they're ST 4 or anything. They can dish out the hits, but they're not so great at taking them without Block or Dodge), so I'd say it's best to keep the ball to someone who can effectively hold onto it with a smaller chance of falling over. Depending on how many games you'll be playing prior to the date, I wouldn't count on getting a skill upgrade on any specific player to start with so much as focusing on getting your roster off to a good start with the third re-roll. Trust me. You'll be wishing it was there should you decide not to take it in lieu of the extra Werewolf.

- Cirrus

thats true, I think im going to make that change and see how it does this weekend.

Krootman
14-07-2008, 20:55
6 Zombies - 240,000
2 Ghouls - 140,000
2 Wights - 180,000
1 Flesh Golem - 110,000
1 Werewolf - 120,000

3 Re-Rolls - 210,000
total:1,000,000

Cirrus the Blue
15-07-2008, 21:24
6 Zombies - 240,000
2 Ghouls - 140,000
2 Wights - 180,000
1 Flesh Golem - 110,000
1 Werewolf - 120,000

3 Re-Rolls - 210,000
total:1,000,000

Looks good to me! :) Soon as your werewolf gets Block and/or Dodge, then feel free to turn him into a ballcarrier. ;)

- Cirrus

Krootman
15-07-2008, 23:17
Looks good to me! :) Soon as your werewolf gets Block and/or Dodge, then feel free to turn him into a ballcarrier. ;)

- Cirrus
Last season I had one with block and dodge and I just ran him down the sideline as my zombies and co made a hole for him and laughed as no one could down him

I think my 2 opponents this weekend are going to be orcs and wood elfs (which I have never played before) so ill let you know how it goes

Tennboy
16-07-2008, 10:59
^^ get ready to start hating Wardancers :D

Krootman
20-07-2008, 13:24
So I played 2 games yesterday and heres how it went

First game vs wood elfs I learned the hard way how lame they are lol, I couldnt out run them so I got my ass kicked the first half until I figured out that the best way to beat them is to just cadge and kill them, but by then it was too late.

Result- 2-1 loss for me

Next game I played vs orcs and at 1 point I was down too 7 players and about to lose the game when I got super lucky (he wanted his black orc to get a skill so he handed off with him over scoring) with a 2-dice his pick hit on a black orc which led me to score on the last turn of the 2nd half.

result 2-1 win for me

Thanks for your help guys, the 2nd goul made a difference as my first 1 was out of the 2nd game and the extra reroll prob won me the 2nd game. Also seeing as I got alot of money from the first 2 games I can now buy a warewolf

Cirrus the Blue
22-07-2008, 05:39
I'm very happy to hear that the extra Ghoul and RR made the difference in the end! Well done! And don't feel too bad about the loss against the Wood Elves with a 2-1 loss as that's still pretty dern good that you managed to get a TD out of the game at all! I've seen games vs WEs go MUCH worse... Sometimes, it's just too damn hard to catch the weedy boogers. :p

- Cirrus

Tennboy
22-07-2008, 13:41
Ya, I've seen teams loss to the Woodies 8 to 0, cause they just don't respect Str 2 WE catcher safeties w/ strip ball and suicidal Wardancers jumping into the middle of cages.

Krootman
22-07-2008, 17:34
:/ I figure next time I play him im not even going to try to score im just going to kill his team
That way he will think twice to challenging me during the season and ill be able to avoid playing him all together :D

Cirrus the Blue
22-07-2008, 23:43
Ya, I've seen teams loss to the Woodies 8 to 0, cause they just don't respect Str 2 WE catcher safeties w/ strip ball and suicidal Wardancers jumping into the middle of cages.

Yeah, those Wardancers'll do that... *choke* Blodgey Leap with Agility 4 is just messed up on a starting player! Out of every single team, new ones included, they're still by far the most broken list in the game. I've never had very much respect for the Wood Elves...

To put it in a different way, if I were to go into a tournament where there was a cash prize up for grabs, I would gather up a Wood Elf team. ;)

- Cirrus

Krootman
02-08-2008, 21:54
so I'm on a bus back from the torny and overall it went well. There were 8 players and it was a single loss torny with the winner getting bonus fan factor and a reroll for our league when it starts. My first game was vs pro elfs and I won that 3-2.
My 2nd game was a rematch vs the orc team I beat. That
Game didnt exactly go my way. Seeingas I had to leave after that game I kind of just bsed around but I still was not able to deal won his 4black Orc and toll line and he clobered me foe most of the game winning 1-0 but I won in the end cause he had to play someone who takes the game way to seriously so it worked out. Overall I had a great time and am not looking foward to the massive amounts of elfs that I will be playing this season.