PDA

View Full Version : Skink Cavalry

Rabid Bunny 666
23-04-2005, 11:24
well, they're the old models, so

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/rabid_bunny_666/n.jpg

User Name
23-04-2005, 15:20
Are the cold ones the new plastic one or are they special to the skink cav?

Hideous Loon
23-04-2005, 15:44
Neither, they are the (C)old Ones.

Rabid Bunny 666
23-04-2005, 15:55
its just a re-release of the old metal ones

Lostanddamned
23-04-2005, 18:59
I wondered, Why is this in the PREVIEWS section when they are ancient?

Reabe
23-04-2005, 19:01
Games Workshop has remade their stats and re-releaseing their models along with the other Mercenary ones. Just to warn you, the Lost Leigon have been really Neutered.

Rabid Bunny 666
23-04-2005, 19:24
pikemen/handgun combo in spanish clothing, if memory serves

Reabe
23-04-2005, 20:59
Pikemen/Crossbow combo.

Nice models, bad points. Pirazzo must be 54pts, which could get you a mercenary general with heavy armour but he's anything but that.

Stouty
23-04-2005, 21:30
RoR are always overpriced, they are designed to balance out army flaws so if they were fair points there would be some serious cheese out there.
The skinks are good but, or rathe the (C)old ones (2 strength 4 attacks each, YAY!)

Nazguire
23-04-2005, 21:59
RoR are always overpriced, they are designed to balance out army flaws so if they were fair points there would be some serious cheese out there.
The skinks are good but, or rathe the (C)old ones (2 strength 4 attacks each, YAY!)

Currently, the Tichi Huichi Riders are way too expensive for something that has a 4+ save and is T2. If they upped the ante a bit or just plain dropped some points they may be worth taking as a DoW choice. Until then they won't be for me.

What is now wrong with the Lost Legion? Too expensive or some abilities taken away? Or both?

Stouty
23-04-2005, 22:03
There is one flaw i can see. Different points costs: A crossbow-man costs 9pts, a pikeman 10pts.
The front rank is always crossbows, the rest pikes. Surely if you were going to stay still for a turn you could deploy as a long line of crossbowmen and then change to pike when the enemy got near?
They should make them all cost 11pts and let you choose which weapon they use in a round.

Nazguire
23-04-2005, 22:07
There is one flaw i can see. Different points costs: A crossbow-man costs 9pts, a pikeman 10pts.
The front rank is always crossbows, the rest pikes. Surely if you were going to stay still for a turn you could deploy as a long line of crossbowmen and then change to pike when the enemy got near?
They should make them all cost 11pts and let you choose which weapon they use in a round.

That rule I think is there mainly for background reasons and variety. That way it makes them more unique than the simple two weapon armed humans. I like the rules for them at present, albeit the high points cost (but then again they are DoW).
What I want to know is how badly neutered they have been for the Lustria Army Book?

Stouty
23-04-2005, 22:32
Pretty damned badly.
They are standard pikemen with standard crossbos in fornt.
+ one overp priced character.

Thats not neutering, thats castrating with a sander!