PDA

View Full Version : 'Ard Boyz Tournament and WYSIWYG strictness

dal9ll
04-09-2008, 21:34
Im entering Orks for the 'Ard Boyz tournament coming up and would like to know if the following models would be admissible:

-Two Battlewagons made from a Leman Russ Demolisher and a Predator Annihilator. Ive left them with the closed tops, but would like to use them as Open-topped without cutting up the model.

-A unit of 12 old-skool Tankbustas, 3 of which are Loota models. Also, Id like to give the unit a couple Tankhammers but the models dont actually have them (at least not visually)

I could try to justify some of these things by saying for example, "This Tankbusta has a Tankhammer but you cant see it because its in his pack." or "This is a technically a Loota model what looks like a Deffgun is actually a rokkit-launcha. Ork weapons come in all shape and sizes! No two Ork weapons really look the same!" However, I dont know how strict the WYSIWYG rules would be. If it helps, the tournament Im attending is at a local store, not a GW store.

Thanks!

Isambard
04-09-2008, 21:41
WYSIWYG is very important for tournaments, you will be playing against opponents unfamiliar with your army and for vital equipment not to be shown is a no-no.

As for the tanks, glue some crew on the outside - the tanks may not be open topped but the crew would be vulnerable, so it gives the same effect.

Darkhorse
04-09-2008, 22:02
The tanks are acceptable, the roof doesn't need to be cut off to count as OT, if you want to you can glue some corrugated plates to upper surfaces to show weak areas.
I use some old tankbustas in my army, they are perfectly acceptable as such.
The tankhammers present more of a problem though, I converted one from a plastic boy, the standard bearer arms from the Fantasy Orc regiment and some mortar bombs from the Imperial Guard heavy weapons sprue.

Grimtuff
04-09-2008, 22:31
1: Pictures would help, Also contact the tournament organiser
2: See second point above.

Culven
04-09-2008, 22:37
I agree with the sentiment that the lack of modeled Tankhammers would be a problem. Both you and your opponents really need to be able to tell which weapons are in a unit at a glance.

The Open-Topped vehicles could also be an issue if you ever forget to apply the appropriate modifiers for it.