PDA

View Full Version : return of the spraygun?

darren redstar
05-09-2008, 17:24
earlier this week I called up GW to find out why i Had not recieved my refund for my spray gun and propellent, Amongst much apologies the guy at the other end said that the spraygun will be rereleased this autumn. apologies if this has already been posted

Horus84
05-09-2008, 18:29
yep in fact it is back on sale as of the 18th Oct, which I am looking forward to.

cleansingfury
08-09-2008, 06:42
Was wondering what this spray gun is? Is it like a sprayer to change paint into a form of primer?

bringerofdecay
08-09-2008, 07:18
yep in fact it is back on sale as of the 18th Oct, which I am looking forward to.

this is true :)

BrianC
08-09-2008, 07:22
Was wondering what this spray gun is? Is it like a sprayer to change paint into a form of primer?Primer is meant to have additives that help it and subsequent layers of "normal" paint stick to the model better. The GW spray gun is just a normal single action airbrush and won't add anything to the paint by itself.

I personally use "normal" paint in my own airbrush to undercoat models and I've not yet had a problem (I've done hundreds of models both figures and with this method) but your mileage may vary.

McBain
13-09-2008, 11:30
I love this, the Gw show us a new product unique to them and they go all the way and punt it to us via white dwarf..........and what happens its doesnt work, so much for the high standards of quality they have....

blongbling
13-09-2008, 11:46
I love this, the Gw show us a new product unique to them and they go all the way and punt it to us via white dwarf..........and what happens its doesnt work, so much for the high standards of quality they have....

well the fact that they pulled it before launch and binned the whole lot shows that actually they do have high standards

Bookwrak
13-09-2008, 15:06

Exactly, it's showing the standard of quality they want from the product. There was a manufacturing defect in the first lot and instead of just releasing it anyway and going, 'oops, ha-ha, isn't that awkward?' when a certain number of them broke, they just recalled the whole lot.

Deamon-forge
18-09-2008, 17:30
yes at last i will beable to finish o my larger models, no more drybrusing the main colour on!

Shadow Marine
22-09-2008, 21:55
I heard teh problem was that the factory that made them in China was flattened in teh earth quake!

blongbling
23-09-2008, 07:23
you heard wrong

Jedi152
23-09-2008, 07:36
I think it was safety concerns over the hose connector or something.

blongbling
23-09-2008, 10:54
the hose fell off on some of them when tested...thats all. the new ones dont do that

Zherghegg
23-09-2008, 11:42
Yeah i agree that it was a sensible decision on GW's part to pull the gun. It gives the company a reputation for quality, and helps justify the price of their products to the consumer. If they can't have a reputation for being cheap, at least they can have a reputation of quality.

Bookwrak
23-09-2008, 17:41
I heard teh problem was that the factory that made them in China was flattened in teh earth quake!

No, there was a defect in one of the parts that caused the tube to come lose when under pressure in some of the guns, so GW recalled the whole lot.

Kallidon
24-09-2008, 22:27
Awesome, that's good news to all. It came and went before our store even ordered any.