PDA

View Full Version : Best time of year (2009) to start Fantasy?

shakespear
07-09-2008, 01:27
Long story short, new gaming group in a new town. Right now alot of people are getting into/back into 40k. Many people have expressed interest in Fantasy in the future, I thought maybe next summer would be good if they did a campaign, but that is going to be 40k, right?

So when would be the time? Is there a codex or anything coming?

Im among those that are interested, never played a game of 6th, but own a painted dwarf army.

Thanks for your help.

Ozorik
07-09-2008, 01:39
Well if your going to be playing Dwarves now is as good a time as any.

Chaos warriors are getting a book in Novermber, thats it for this year.

txamil
07-09-2008, 02:14
Fantasy has never been as good as it is now. Not even 5th.

Lord Dan
07-09-2008, 03:08
I would say anytime's a better time to play fantasy than 40K. :p

Duke Georgal
07-09-2008, 03:21
Start playing now if you have an army!

Why wait?

d-p3h3d
07-09-2008, 09:57
The best time to start is when you know what you want. Have a clear image of the army you want to make. Rule changes come and go, but as long as you're focused on the army you'd like to have the water should be fine. The only way for this to be an issue is if you get turned around on yourself and keep changing what you want to make.

Have a mission statement. For example: Dwarves with Big Guns. Too many zombies. Flexible and balanced Chaos. etc. etc.

EdFireborn
07-09-2008, 12:45
ASAP :P..... but if u want Lizardmen or Beasts of Chaos (or maybe Tomb Kings/whatever else is coming out late next year) now is perfect

so
yes safe: Warriors of Chaos (post-november 2008), Dark Elves, Daemons of Chaos, Vampire Counts, High Elves, Empire, Orcs and Goblins, Dwarves, Wood Elves, and Ogre Kingdoms

Maybe: Bretonnians, Tomb Kings

NO!!!: Lizardmen, Beasts of Chaos

shakespear
07-09-2008, 14:10
its not just me starting, its my whole gaming group. I was kinda hoping for an envent or something, but its fine

Pavic
07-09-2008, 23:22
Actually, 2008's summer campaign was 40K. However, the release of 5th put a real damper on this in my opinion, so the campaign was poorly supported.

Thus, assuming GW follows the regular rotation, WHF should be the summer campaign.