PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered the new Space Marine Spearhead....

Kobrakai
08-09-2008, 13:56
... and the chap on the other end of the line said they are being sent out today! :eek: even though the release date isn't for another 12 days.

So if so, might well have it by the end of the week... which will be nice :)

Eryx_UK
08-09-2008, 14:04
I ordered mine today as well. I hope it turns up early. :)

PierceC
08-09-2008, 14:06
That would be a plus! Let us know when it gets to you.

Kobrakai
08-09-2008, 14:06
Which guy did you get on the line?

I got some quite sombre sounded guy, he sounded like he was stoned!

I heard a geordie in the background, I wanted him to serve me :(

Eryx_UK
08-09-2008, 14:11
I got a woman on the other end to take my order.

Kobrakai
08-09-2008, 14:15
.. well thats none too shabby either ^_^

Temprus
08-09-2008, 15:13
A few people have already gotten theirs.

trydragon
09-09-2008, 09:53
Hate to rub it in but i had mine since last sat to the annoynce of the Staff at my GW store who still haven't got theres yet. :D

Kobrakai
09-09-2008, 10:33
Hate to rub it in but i had mine since last sat to the annoynce of the Staff at my GW store who still haven't got theres yet. :D

Thats awesome!! If I can get it by the end of the week then i'll be happy, I can't work on them til the weekend anyway so as long as they are here by then :D

Kudos though, getting it that early is impressive. ;)

trydragon
09-09-2008, 10:37
In all honsty the thunderfire Cannon a pain in the ass took a lot of filing to get the thing to fit right but it one good looking modle once it finnished.

Stormsender
09-09-2008, 11:12
I pondered ordering it but such a waist of money for some shinies that you can get first of next month anyway.

trydragon
09-09-2008, 11:17
I pondered ordering it but such a waist of money for some shinies that you can get first of next month anyway.

Yep, But i got the money to wast and tomorrow am going to walk in to my GC and play with my New marries a full month early plus there the metal price rise happing so realy if you get it now your saving money if you want all the things in it.

paspinall
09-09-2008, 11:35

A waste for a number of people probably, but as I myself would be buying the entire contents at some point anyway I may as well get them early for no difference !

Eryx_UK
09-09-2008, 11:39

True but I had the cash spare and I want to get my hands on the new codex ASAP.

BrianC
09-09-2008, 11:43
I've a question for those who have the spearhead already re the Vets that come with bolters in the spearhead, how are the actual figures (not the rules) different from normal marines?

I'm debating on picking up a couple of packs of them but if they are very similar to normal marines then I'll use the marines from Black Reach.

trydragon
09-09-2008, 11:50
Sternguard: there models and posers are cool, there armour got a lot more detale to it but i not looked over them much.

Vanguard: There quite nice once again there armour nicer then the plasics lots of puraty seals and trim the sargents got a nice looking relic blade too also there semi based.

You probly could convert them from the plastics but IMO the metals are a lot better

BrianC
09-09-2008, 12:02
Ta.

Its down to cost for me I'm afraid, ~29 for a squad of ten vs. ~32 for a complete Black Reach set, of which the tactical marines would have been redundant due to the vast number of tacticals I already own.

I've enough spare bling to add to the black reach models to compensate, its just if the weapon/option load out would have been painful to replicate, this is why I've brought metal close combat vets in the past.

The money saved equals (I'm buying two copies of black reach anyway) extra two drop pods and a redeemer with all the other bits for the same price as the spearhead.

Vanguard is different, its only a couple of quid more per 5 marines, they need some more thinking.

Templar Ben
09-09-2008, 12:24
I am waiting on two. I hope I get them soon because the parts will sell better if it is quite some time before they are in stores.