PDA

View Full Version : Vegas GT

LKHERO
09-09-2008, 00:22
So I heard that High Elves came in first and Dark Elves came in second, with Daemons of Chaos trailing close behind.

Anybody got news of the event?

I'm really curious to see what kind of lists they took.

Anvilbrow
09-09-2008, 02:27
Yeah the Dark Elves and the High Elves slugged it out for the title. Demons of Chaos were eveywhere. On the last round, of the top 16 players/armies 11were Demons by my count. Lots of special characters; Teclis, Thanquol, Skulltaker, Mannfred, Shadowblade, Grimgor, Epidemius, Blue Scribes. I'm probably forgetting some. Personally, I think special characters don't belong in tournaments and I'd love to see GW rule them out, but evidently they are quite popular among some. I can say that among the fifteen or so from the Seattle area, no one had any, so that may just be a regional thing.

As last year, it was a great tournament with fantastically converted and painted armies, and I heard few complaints on the fantasy side. There were of course some rules disputes, but those too can be mostly chalked up to regional differences in interpretations of the rules in my experience.

Kudos to GW and their staffers who made it a great weekend. Having it at Treasure Island in the conference center was waaaaaay better than last year and I'm looking forward to attending again. Good location, good food, good time all around, and Treasure Island came up big with refunds to those who booked at higher prices months ago.

I had my best GT ever, managing to stay on the top fifteen tables the entire time, and winning best sportsman for the doubles tournament on Friday. Thanks to everyone I played for great games and to a couple in particular (Touradj the Dark Terror and Bill Edwards) for reminding me that I shouldn't get any delusions of going undefeated...:cries:

The return trip of course is a different story (cancelled flight, no hotel room, no sleep, missed work):mad:

laughingman
09-09-2008, 02:50
your return was bad.... Its raining right now in vegas, my flights delayed and ive been here for about 6 hours with no end in sight wait thats what happened to you.... Well atleast theres internet...