PDA

View Full Version : Power fist workings

Koenig
09-09-2008, 00:31
I'm not sure if this should be in the background section, so please move if necessary

While I was there finally painting my ages old ultras (2nd ed, loved you) I thought it a good idea to paint the power weapons / fists with their energy field activated (mini-lightning and such things) and I started to wonder.

Power weapons are easy as you perfectly know where the "fun part" begins, but I have a problem with the fists. The background says that the energy field surrounds the fist, but not where. I mean, all the fist or only knuckles/fingers. Reason is, there are so many gizmos such as aquilas and scrolls on the "arm" part that it would seem that they would be burned off if the fist is activated.

Kinda stupid question, I know

Thank you for your replies

MajorWesJanson
09-09-2008, 01:02
I'd go with the fingers and hand. You can see where the hand is, it is one solid piece. Leave the palm open, as it is a different material. The forearm, elbow, and arm should be normal.

etham
09-09-2008, 01:14
Pictures? I want to see this mini-lighting.

olmsted
09-09-2008, 05:22
id feel sorry for a powerfist user to who accidentaly scratched his ****.

StarshipBOb
09-09-2008, 05:54
Lexicanum (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Power_Fist) has a pretty good pic of a power fist in action.

Tommygun
09-09-2008, 06:15
I'd go with the fingers and hand. You can see where the hand is, it is one solid piece. Leave the palm open, as it is a different material. The forearm, elbow, and arm should be normal.

I would go with this too.

I have always wondered how they reload a pistol with those large figures or operate a two handed weapon like a bolter?
Not to mention pulling a grenade pin with twin lighting claws.

Inquisitor Engel
09-09-2008, 06:27
If you're going TRUE 2nd Ed, your Ultramarine power fists should be painted in caution stripes. ;)

ashc
09-09-2008, 06:33
If you imagine it generates a field then you can imagine that within that field (the surface of said 'fist) is more than likely protected, keeping your filigree, seals, and crests nice and safe :)

Ash

MajorWesJanson
09-09-2008, 06:37
Flight of the eisenstein cover has a great picture of a powered up P-fist

etham
09-09-2008, 13:39
If you're going TRUE 2nd Ed, your Ultramarine power fists should be painted in caution stripes. ;)

I'm thinking of doing this on my not-green Dark Angels.

edit - I didn't typo snot green, I mean not green.

Killgore
09-09-2008, 13:42

ooh old school, iv always avoided that as they look tricky to paint

personaly i think the rule of cool applys to powerfists, to stop all the extra decoration getting burned off