PDA

View Full Version : I want to start WOC what models r safe?

CULCHAIN
09-09-2008, 04:54
Its all in the title and after thinking about it; I play Chaos in 40K so want to start it in fantasy:evilgrin:. What models are safe to buy now to get a head start?
Also, out of those which are a must in any WOC army? Additionally, what is the best way to kit them out.

Thank you in advance for your advice.:)

Tarax
09-09-2008, 07:53
Chaos Warriors and Marauders don't seem to change.

Also look at some of the characters. If you like them, take them. They are most likely to disappear.

mrtn
09-09-2008, 09:50
The giant is safe as well. Probably the chariot too, that doesn't seem to be replaced soon.

Znail
09-09-2008, 11:01
Chaos Warriors and Marauders don't seem to change.

Also look at some of the characters. If you like them, take them. They are most likely to disappear.

Thats Marauders on foot to be clear. Mounted ones are getting a new set I think.

Gazak Blacktoof
09-09-2008, 11:21
Mounted marauders, chaos knights and hounds are all being replaced by plastics. Nothing else is getting updated this time around.

Valaraukar
09-09-2008, 11:29
Also Chosen are being released as metals 18 for 5. So depending on if you like them (pictures in the 'It's chosen this time' rumour thread) not much point converting them.

Galrauch and Archaon remain the same models and are in the new book according to the rumour sources.

Hell cannon is also still in and obviously remains the same model.

Daemon Prince is in but is apparently getting a new plastic possibly not until Feb according to rumours again pictures in the rumour section so see whether you prefer the metal or plastic as metal may be going.

EdFireborn
10-09-2008, 02:31
Warriors of chaos are getting new mounted maruder horsemen, chaos knights, warhounds and some characters...... the current infantry plastics (maruders and warriors on foot) + most of the metal heroes are safe (mounted lord of Khorne and Sorcerer of Nurgle on foot are going to be released) there is also a generic mounted lord of chaos coming out too... i recently started my WOC army with warriors and a mounted lord of slaanesh, neither will be replaced soon

Nukem
10-09-2008, 03:54
If you want a hellcannon get it now. 15% - 25% price raise on metal models...