PDA

View Full Version : dark elf battalion box question

dwarfhold13
09-09-2008, 16:16
for those who have bought one.. just curious.. it says it comes with bits to make 16 crossbow elves and 12 warriors.. i just wanted to find out it it was possible with what you get to reverse that? i want to make 10 crossbow and 18 warriors with spears.. i do have the bits left over from a warrior unit too.. and i only made 5 warriors out of that box.. thanks ahead of time!
Jon

Lordsaradain
09-09-2008, 16:44
You can make 38 elves with crossbow or spears, but you only get 12 sheilds AFAIK...

dwarfhold13
09-09-2008, 17:05
sweet.. thats what i needed to know.. works out perfectly for what i need then
thanks!

Shimmergloom
09-09-2008, 22:05
Only 12 shields, but the cold ones come with 8 shields, so you get 3 more shields that way, you would just need to cut the hands off the shield arms since those shields have hands attached.

Plus your command models don't really need shields, so techically you can make 18 shield/spears dark elves w/command.

Gazak Blacktoof
09-09-2008, 22:30
I've just ordered myself a battalion along with a few metals before the prices go up.

I'm going to try to make myself some black guard from the models that wont have shields. I've not worked out any details yet but it should be easy enough to get them to hold a weapon with two hands. I've already got some brass rod that I've been using to lengthen the hafts of the standard warrior spears. A greenstuffed cape and a few other additions including a more spangly paint job and they should do nicely.

Fixes the increasing metal cost and the no-shield problem in one go.