PDA

View Full Version : What have you done with your Assault on Black Reach?

Lordsaradain
10-09-2008, 12:33
I just picked up the new 40k starter set.

I have a friend who plays orcs who's also bought it so I'm planning to trade his marines for my orcs. I'm not a SM player... but I am A CSM player.

So my plan is to file off the imperial eagles and add lots of spiky bitz and horns, new heads, and mutations to the marines to make them more chaotic.

I dont know what to make of the dreads, Chaos dreads aren't exactly a good choice but as I'll have two it might be fun to try them out once in a while. I'm guessing that going for 2 CCW is the beast option, any ideas how to make right hand close combat weapons?

I'm just curious what you guys have done with your AoBR if there is anyone who has had a similar idea to mine.

Any tips or experience for converting those particular models, etc?

Ney
10-09-2008, 14:01
I have an Ork playing friend, we split 2 sets. Currently I got all the marines assemled and undercoated and a squad+ a few models painted! This is my first 40k army so looking forward to some Ork bashing! :D

EVIL INC
10-09-2008, 14:07
I split with a buddy who wants to start orcs and kept the marines.
Tomorrow, I plan on getting another and split/pay unevenly. I'll get everything but the dread, termies and captain. The tacticals, I will keep and the orcs will go to my buddy.
The marines I have, I plan to use to teach my fiance's youngest son and give to him if he catches the 40k bug. If he doesnt, I will have the start of a marine army.

Ideas for your dread... No one says that the extra close combat weapon HAS to be mechanical. Convert on a biological one and give it daemonic possession. Likewise, you could cut off the gun end and put on a crushig claw from the tyranids. Maybe even do the same with the fist on the left hand.
Also, you could always do more major conversions to make it into a daemon prince. This would be especially cool if you played Iron Warriors.

Brucopeloso
10-09-2008, 14:25
Bought one, traded the tactical marines and commander for 20 orks and warboss.
Split a second set with a friend who was only interested in terminators, rulebook and dreadnought. Gave him my terminators and left him our box's dreadnought and terminators and kept the rest of the miniatures.

Ended up with a captain (to be smurf painted and sold), 10 tac marines and a dreadnought for my chapter and an absolute shedload of orks: 3 bosses, 6 deffkoptas, 60orks and 10 nobz!!!!

Converting the marinse to chaos should not be too difficoult. Either erase all devotional stuff and paint them as recent renegades or go further and get some chaos spares from e-bay to add a chaosy feel. If your army has a nurgle theme model some pustles with green stuff and add a few holes and rents in the armour and paint some ichor spilling from them.

Kidjal
10-09-2008, 14:36
I bought one, Lordmonkey bought one, we swapped and I had his marines, he had my orks.

I have so much plastic I dont know what to do with it...

Fortunatly, I was given a target in the form of an apocalypse game we have planned at the club where I have a number of termies etc I need to paint, so one dread has been undercoated and washed as deathwing, with DA spru modifications.

Terminators, converted a new heavy flamer for one, an assault cannon from the deathwing sprues for another. Added deathwing pads where ive got them, censors, purity seals, etc. For what they are, next to the current terminators there aint much difference when they're painted.

PondaNagura
10-09-2008, 16:13
keeping the orkz to boost my growing ranks...i've been holding out buying more for months simply when i heard this set was being released...though i need more shootaboyz. keeping the marines and converting them to my chaos ranks for The Felled (recently fallen DA successor chapter). now i'm either gonna convert the dreadnought to a deffdredd, and think of a way to get normal bikerz out of the deffloptas.

Onidan
10-09-2008, 16:30
I used the marines to revive an old (some 6 or 7 years I guess) SM army, and Iīll use the Orks to build a nice little 1500-2000 point army. With that I can have some games with people, who like Warhammer but donīt have time or money to build an own army.

Itīs a win-win situation, I get more games, a lot of minies to paint, and some versatility for myself so I donīt have to use just one army.

Othiem
10-09-2008, 16:31
I must be the only person that actually likes to keep the whole set "as is." I try and keep them separate from everything else so that if I find somebody who is interested in 40k but wants to try playing first, there's a box I can grab in a minute and have us rolling in two minutes.

BrianC
10-09-2008, 16:33
Technically I haven't done anything with them yet as they haven't been delivered yet, but I'm planning on:

Selling both of the mini rule books, templates, rulers - I have enough of both.
Keeping all of the dice - you can never have enough dice.
Giving the Orks as is to my son for Christmas as he wants to start Orks.
Converting both squads of tactical marines into Sternguard vets.
Converting one of the dreads into an iron clad, the unused plastic bolters from the redeemer kit should make this a snap.
Using the other dread as is but lengthening the chimneys to match my other, standard dreads.
The termies are going to be built as standard but I'm going to give one of them a heavy flamer and the other a cyclone I have spare.
The Captains are going to be converted into Pedro Kantor (quicker than removing the Imperial Fist bits) and the other left pretty much as is for Sicarius (I don't like the bog brush on the helmet of the official model and a few other bits).

MajorWesJanson
10-09-2008, 16:58
Bought both sets, planning to trade the orks for marines to bulk up my Foehammers. Ended up keeping all the orks, and reserving a Green Tide.

Two of my Death Coptas are converted to have TL Big Shootas and chainblades. Sentinel are good sources to build both.

Vic
10-09-2008, 17:43
So far one set, am planning on spraying a basecoat on both armies when the weather permits (rainy and about 90% humidity). Afterwards, am looking forward to a game with my kids.

will most likely get another set or two for the Holidays, budget permitting.

DrDoom
10-09-2008, 17:55
I'm currently Chaosing up the marines, the Terminators are coming along pretty after that will be the dreadnought.

I don't know what I'm doing with the Orks. I have all my old Orks from the 2nd edition box set, a few from a Xmas presnt from a friend who didn't understand the game, and Gorkamorka (awesome game). Maybe I should crunch some numbers and see if I have an Ork Army.

Earthbeard
10-09-2008, 18:07
Traded the Tac Squad and Sm Commander for some Orks.

Use Term and Dread as chaos conversions!

Orks I shall keep and either convert to mutants for LoTD or actually use as Orks.

sorienor
10-09-2008, 18:27
I never bought the big rule book, so I need the mini book.
I put the templates and dice with my SM army.
I even used the box to hold the models while I primed them.

Since I have both SM and orks I will be keeping everything. I am currently in the process of painting the boys because I need them on Saturday for the 'ard boys tourney. I have 5 completely done (including converting one of the nobs to a PK) and 8 more almost done.

Templar Ben
10-09-2008, 18:31
I must be the only person that actually likes to keep the whole set "as is." I try and keep them separate from everything else so that if I find somebody who is interested in 40k but wants to try playing first, there's a box I can grab in a minute and have us rolling in two minutes.

GW should love you. That is precisely what the set if for really but you are the first people that I have ever heard that uses it in that way.

Eryx_UK
10-09-2008, 18:37
I kept the space marine stuff and sold the ork figures to another player.

Fire Harte
10-09-2008, 18:43
Traded all of the marines bar the tac squad for orks, then I traded the tac squad for the shuttle crash terrain from maccrage (best thing from that!). I have started to convert the warboss (huge defiler claw!). Pics will go up later though, but the forge is slow...

maelstrom66669
10-09-2008, 18:57
im in the process of converting my marines to chaos, im making a second claw from sprues, with a pen cap in the middle, and i intend to just cut off the end of the flamer, or whatever the right arm is, being chaos if it doesnt look right ill just add more spikes, and maybe parts of fantasy undead to it :D

boogle
10-09-2008, 19:16
Am ebaying the stuff i don't need in the next few days (will put up a notice on the trading forums)

Geddonight
10-09-2008, 19:24
I did what I've always wanted to do with a Dreadnought, but could never bring myself to do with a $40 model--turn him into an objective.

Now my space marines have something truly worthwhile to capture--a fallen dreadnought.

wee!

victorpofa
10-09-2008, 20:50
I did what I've always wanted to do with a Dreadnought, but could never bring myself to do with a $40 model--turn him into an objective.

Now my space marines have something truly worthwhile to capture--a fallen dreadnought.

wee!

That's a good idea. :p I might have to do that for the spare BR Dreads I eventually accumulate.

I have not purchased mine yet, but I am looking to get 2-5 boxes before year's end, and use all the models for my Waaagh, and multiple chapters of marines. First I need to stock up on metals before the price hike. Damn GW's timing.

Warpcrafter
10-09-2008, 20:51
My new centerpiece is a mob of nobz led by a warboss, riding in a battlewagon. I added some extra bling to the warboss and converted one of the nobz into a painboy. Call me mayor mc-cheeze, don't care!

Templar Ben
10-09-2008, 21:50
That's a good idea. :p I might have to do that for the spare BR Dreads I eventually accumulate.

I have not purchased mine yet, but I am looking to get 2-5 boxes before year's end, and use all the models for my Waaagh, and multiple chapters of marines. First I need to stock up on metals before the price hike. Damn GW's timing.

I know the feeling. The good news is parting out the boxes is going very well. The bad news is the news of the increase in metals is driving up the eBay price of GK, SoB, and Vostroyans.

EmMeTt
11-09-2008, 00:20
I'v kept it all the same and assembled all the models. Soon I'll get painting so I can have a battle or two against my dad.

TheWarSmith
11-09-2008, 00:35
I traded the orks for another set of SM, then traded away the 10 terminators for 2 dreadnoughts.

Mmmmmm, 4 dreads.

TrojanWolf
11-09-2008, 01:11
I'm an Ork player, and AoBR was a whole lot of fun.

In addition to the Orks, I have a Deff Dread with a Wreckin' Ball for a ccw and a unit of Cybork Termynata Meganobz. I figure my Big Mek decided to fill the terminator armour with loads of know-wots, then give them to the Painboy to wire in some unfortunate patient.

I was a little disappointed that the tactical marines didn't come in enough pieces to turn them into Grotesques for my DE, or trophies in general, so I'll probably just paint them up for display.

Straha
11-09-2008, 01:40
Bought 3 boxes for armies. One set is a foundation for a new Crimson Fists army and the other set is a foundation for a Salamanders army. The Orks are going into my ever growing "need to finish this army" pile.

As for the third AoBR set ---- I'm keeping it intact as Orks and Blood Ravens. I'm doing up a nice 4x4 board to introduce new players to the game. Who knows, I may take it to the school I teach at and let my 6th graders try it out.

gab-skull trasher
11-09-2008, 02:45
Well i bought 2 boxes on saturday and kept eveything, to me this box set was perfect!:D and came just in time since i wanted to start a crimson fist army and Goff army.

Some weeks ago me and my brother started thinking of making a "fist army" So my brother was gonna start Imperial fist and i was gonna start Crimson fist.I was thinking of getting the 5th company from the old SM book:
Command with Chaplain and Pedro
6 Tactical
2 Assault
2 Devastator
Rhinos
HAHA!! 2 tactical squads already 9 more squads to go:D

The orks are gonna be my first ork army from the Goff clan which is also gonna be an apocalypse army and im working on "The green tide" and "Deffkopta choppa squadron" only +60 orks to go and +6 deffkoptas

And well aparently my brothers want to buy AoBR to start their crimson fist and salamanders armies.And their gonna sell me their orks but those bastards want me to pay $30 each but all i'm getting is:
Orks,warboss,deffkoptas,and nobz
Them:Rulebook,dice,templetes,dreadnought,terminato rs,captain,and marines and i'm telling them thats not fair.I told them $20 $25 was pushing it.

vinush
11-09-2008, 06:56
Sold the Orks to my friend, kept the marines to bolster my 1500 point SM army to 2k.

Now thinking of changing the colour scheme of my SMs to something more challenging...

\/ince.

dblaz3r
11-09-2008, 07:07
I bought 2 boxed set's, took out 1 commander to convert for my DA and put the rest in my pile of to do's under my bed :D

tankworks
12-09-2008, 04:08
Got rid of the 'marines and threw the Orks into the 'big box of future projects'. Already started to chop some of it up.

Apocalypse
12-09-2008, 05:35
Am ebaying the stuff i don't need in the next few days (will put up a notice on the trading forums)

Ahhhh then your not familiar with GW's complaints against eBay then. It goes like this; they are demanding ebay unlist itmes that were part of a boxed set, then sold separately. This apparently being against some law.... They are losing to much revenue to people buying from ebay rather than directly from them.
I gave the Orks to my son, i kept the marines. It kinda gave me(and Wife) the illusion of being selfless & buying a gift for someone else... but what can i say? it was to good an opprotunity to pass up- and when god gives you opprotunity, you don't slap it outta the mans hand.

adreal
12-09-2008, 06:42
Well Termie's and dread are going to be chaosified, should be fun.....with this and my layby (that I still need to gte) I will have a slaanesh Doombringer Annihilation Force, which will be alot of fun, and two dreads :). Orks will go to my ork army, which I will eventually get around to working out what the heck I want out of it (speed freaks, goffs or whatever), the tactical's I'm selling to a friend who is using his black reach box to start a marine army. Not sure what to do about the commander.....

Oh an Dhaosandy, for my other dread I used a custom tyranid rending claw for its second close combat weapon, but with this dread I might convert it to have a twin linked blastmaster (counts as, whatever heavy weapon I feel like at the time I guess)

maelstrom66669
12-09-2008, 07:51
Ahhhh then your not familiar with GW's complaints against eBay then. It goes like this; they are demanding ebay unlist itmes that were part of a boxed set, then sold separately. This apparently being against some law.... They are losing to much revenue to people buying from ebay rather than directly from them.

Where is this supposed info coming from? Ive heard people mention it in more than one thread, no one has a link or even a mention of the source they got it from, and there are still black reach models up on ebay. Any stuff you see on Ebay has already been bought from GW, selling one model is no different than selling another.

Also, im in the process of converting my marines to chaos, gonna trade my orks to a friend for more marines most likely.

Conspyre
12-09-2008, 08:40
I swapped the Orks out for more Marines, and converted one of the Terminator squads to Assault Terminators with some spare Lightning Claws. The local shop is having a contest where you get a varying number of raffle tickets based on how quickly you paint up a set of the whole box, a double set of Orks, or a double set of Marines, so I was the first one to finish mine. Probably the best looking, as well, most of the other players there are kids or don't play Marines or greenskins.

Jester Boy
12-09-2008, 09:11
I'll be painting mine up and using it to push 40k to non gaming friends over a few beers.

Might expand on the orks eventually. Hmmmm

Jester

Ambu
12-09-2008, 10:03
So my plan is to file off the imperial eagles and add lots of spiky bitz and horns, new heads, and mutations to the marines to make them more chaotic.[/qoute]

Same here, eveb though its become a pain too..

[quote]
I dont know what to make of the dreads, Chaos dreads aren't exactly a good choice but as I'll have two it might be fun to try them out once in a while. I'm guessing that going for 2 CCW is the beast option, any ideas how to make right hand close combat weapons?

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162002

Mind you this is very, very early in the conversion process. I have done a ton more now, just haven't had time to take.post pics.

I'm just curious what you guys have done with your AoBR if there is anyone who has had a similar idea to mine.

Any tips or experience for converting those particular models, etc?

Yep, the AoBR is making my base of my scratch made 'Legion'

madden
12-09-2008, 11:00
Mine is being kept whole, the dread has turned to chaos( don't care if it's bad it looks good and is in keeping with there back ground.) the orks are for a new army and the marines are also for a new army with one dread and some scouts ive got knocking around when i get the second black reach in a few weeks thing are looking good.

Souleater
12-09-2008, 12:00
Haven't got mine yet, other stuff going on :D

But I plan to get two boxes.

Orks nick the Dreads (and possibly the Vermineaters) and become the core of my Deff Moon army.

SM become my old Souleater chapter and are seconded into my Inquisition army.

Both projects I'll get to when I finish painting gaunts.

/twitch

Paint more gaunts.

Porkuslime
12-09-2008, 13:36
I am really tempted to use a set for making the core of my Angry Marine force..

-Porkuslime

Porkuslime
12-09-2008, 13:37

-Porkuslime

Alessander
12-09-2008, 18:13
Bought 4 boxed sets over the past week, sold all the tac squads and terms & all but 1 warboss and captain on ebay, and 3 of the rulebooks. not sure if i'm keeping the rest of the orks or not, don't really want to go over 3000 points of orks.

darkened sun
12-09-2008, 20:51
has anyone used or thought about using the SM models for a deathwing army? because i've thought about it alot and considering the models you get, this seems the best choice.

you get a dread and 5 termies. this is already 2 elite slots. but if you buy 3 AOBR sets, you get 3 dreads and 3 x 5 termies, the latter being core in a deathwing army. on top of that you wouldn't need much more... 2 characters in terminator armour, a few more termies which people may already have, or which can be bought separately/traded (either the normal ones, or AOBR ones), and maybe a land raider or drop pod or two.

it just seems like the best use from the SM point of view of the starter set. all the neccessary special weapons could be ordered online, since those pieces are newly available separately. i think i read about this idea somewhere, but can't remember. hmm?

Night_watchman
12-09-2008, 21:26
I only got one box set, but i traded the marines for orcs. I have had space marines years ago and didnt really like them so i stopped 40k and went back to fantasy.

So now I have stupid amount of orcs and I'm giving the Nobs a weapon upgrade because not one of my nobs is going to have choppa and slugga on my watch. This also means my old land raider is going to become a looted wagon or some other form of transport

rhelsius
12-09-2008, 23:19
I gave the Orks to my son, i kept the marines. It kinda gave me(and Wife) the illusion of being selfless & buying a gift for someone else... but what can i say? it was to good an opprotunity to pass up- and when god gives you opprotunity, you don't slap it outta the mans hand.

Uhm, you can always sell a ball-pen and give away a bunch of minis with it. Tricky, but legal, people do it all the time...

I am selling the two sets of Orks I got with my AoBR boxes... The marines are a birth present for my brothers yet unborn first son (only 5 months in his mothers womb and it already owns a SW army. Mad, I know).

victorpofa
13-09-2008, 00:40
I know the feeling. The good news is parting out the boxes is going very well. The bad news is the news of the increase in metals is driving up the eBay price of GK, SoB, and Vostroyans.

Yeah, I am having a harder time getting metals below retail. I really hate ebay sometimes. I have seen fools pay more than retail plus shipping for commonly available models. Madness.

has anyone used or thought about using the SM models for a deathwing army? because i've thought about it alot and considering the models you get, this seems the best choice.

Done, and Done. The Black Reach set has made a Deathwing army a realistic possibility for me. The Terminators in the 2-5 boxes I purchase will all be Angels of Vengeance Deathwing. :D I have enough heavy weapons for them (especially DW Assault Cannons), and I already have a box of Assault Terminators that came with the DA army box. I already have 20 Termies and a Brother Captain Stern to use as Belial before I get a single Black Reach set. That's over 1000 points already before counting their first Land Raider. :D That is over 1500 points if i use a single Ravenwing squad to guide the Termies in from space. :evilgrin:

Sister_Sin
13-09-2008, 01:42
Added the Marines to my Salamanders army...if this keeps up I'll have the entire Chapter in another year or three. LOL

Sister Sin

Deadboytat2
13-09-2008, 02:27
I bought three and kept everything because i play Salamanders and orks. I have a huge goff army i have been wanting to finish up and having 3 step boys made this a dream come true. Not to mention the awesome Deff coptas i love the new look on them and they have the rokkits and i think that is the only way i have ever fielded them so this save's me time converting the metal models to have them.

Lordsaradain
14-09-2008, 10:21
Here's some pics of my WIP CSM:

Termies:
http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00157xn8.jpg

Characters:
http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00158ok7.jpg

Marines:
http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00159ss0.jpg

Sorry about the bad pics, took them with my cellphone...

gunmonkey
14-09-2008, 10:56
What have I done with my copy of AoBR?

Not picked it up from my local store after pre-ordering :cries: Damn lack of money.

Borg451
30-10-2008, 15:51
Uhm, you can always sell a ball-pen and give away a bunch of minis with it. Tricky, but legal, people do it all the time...

I am selling the two sets of Orks I got with my AoBR boxes... The marines are a birth present for my brothers yet unborn first son (only 5 months in his mothers womb and it already owns a SW army. Mad, I know).

how can u be sure its a boy?

TwilightOdyssey
30-10-2008, 15:57
I've done absolutely nothing with mine.

I will be bulking up the Orks just for fun and adding the Space Marines to my Raven Guard army, but I really got the set for the mini Rules. :)

freddythebig
30-10-2008, 17:00
I bought the set for the mini rule book and figures to add to my existing Marines. I fully intended to swap or sell the Orks but once I had them in my hands I thought ...

....Hmmmm.....

....went and bought the Ork codex and that was it,

another army on the go :D

Sholto
30-10-2008, 17:27
I took my Warboss and made a bike for him :)

Sholto

Hicks
30-10-2008, 17:34
I bought one and my friend too, I kept the marines and he added the Orks to his horde. I loved the older mark helmets on the tactical squads and since I needed some for my White Scars they were perfect. I have to admit though that I don't really have a use for most of the rest.

Yautja
30-10-2008, 17:54
I used the Marines for my Blood Angels and the Termis and Dread for both my Blood Angels 5th and 1st Company army. The Orks were used to start my speed freeks army.

Tzen
30-10-2008, 18:32
I went halfers with my bro, i got the marines out of it. Decided to do a small force of ultras to go against my word bearers :D

Terminators!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f121/sendstufftodan/smurfterm1.jpg

Tactical Squad!

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s172/tzen_spider/web2.jpg

isidril93
30-10-2008, 22:22
well im making mine into BT and thats it

Nabeshin1106
30-10-2008, 23:21
I have 3 sets. The Terminators and 2 of the Dreadnoughts went to my Deathwing, all the marines have gone to my new Crimson Fists army. All the Orks have been sold or traded.

PondaNagura
30-10-2008, 23:30
last night i took an ork nob, replaced the arms with the bigshoota ones, extended the barrel with an IG autocannons, and replaced the head with an old inquistor scale-IG head. a little greenstuff and tada:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c232/Razrhaghul/imperial%20guard/ogryn.jpg

i've got me an Ogryn "counts as krootox rider" for me new Tau human auxilia corp.

Goofycabal
30-10-2008, 23:32
Only just started posting my conversion work up at Da Warpath http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=23225.

From everything I'd read prior to AoBR hitting the shelves, I thought I was one of the few people converting the Marines to Chaos. Looks like I'm not the only heretic :D I traded my Deffkoptas for a second Dread, since I've ALWAYS wanted one, ever since 2nd edition when their rules were largely the same as they are now. For variety sake, I've decided not to glue the arms on, and have already converted twin heavy bolter and twin lascannon arms, with bitz on the way for a second CCW arm and a Missile Launcher arm.

As for the Orks, I'm converting them into Orc Big Unz, with the front rank filled out with the Nobz. In that respect, I think I'm one of very few people doing that - Marines to Chaos AND Orks to Orcs!

El Haroldo
31-10-2008, 02:13

ALWAYS ANGRY! ALL THE TIME!

I know what I'm doing at least once this long weekend....

FashaTheDog
31-10-2008, 03:17
Wow, I must be the only sod not to have bought or order AoBR yet. Will I get one or more? Probably, but not for a while as I have plenty of other projects to keep me going and I really do not need more Marines even though I keep getting more. Before I do, I'll need eight or nine drop pods, more Guard, more superheavies, more fliers, more Hordes, more Warmachine, more of whatever releases come out along the way, and more titans.

Amnar
31-10-2008, 18:09
I kept the rulebook and template and gave the rest away :-P

x-esiv-4c
31-10-2008, 18:35
swapped out the orks for Marines to finish up my pre-heresy DG list.

FashaTheDog
31-10-2008, 18:41
Wouldn't converting the Marines from the set to Mk V or earlier be far more work than its worth, x-esiv-4c? If you got crazy with the cheesewiz and cut and puttied them anyway, could we see pictures?

Apocalypse
31-10-2008, 20:10
[QUOTE=maelstrom66669;2937933]Where is this supposed info coming from? Ive heard people mention it in more than one thread, no one has a link or even a mention of the source they got it from, and there are still black reach models up on ebay. Any stuff you see on Ebay has already been bought from GW, selling one model is no different than selling another.QUOTE]

They never posted any sort of warning or anything, they just started sending out cease& desist orders to the sellers... I think they stopped though-must've figured out that paying lawyers hundreds of dollars per hour to send out emails was waaay more expensive than the so-called "problem" they were
trying to solve...

SquishySquig
31-10-2008, 21:05
:skull: That's a nice bike Sholto. I still haven't ordered any boxes of AoBR boxes yet. I'll make final decision on what I do with it when I see it in person, but lots of ideas are bouncing about inside my head. :skull:

shin'keiro
31-10-2008, 21:09
What have you done with your Assault on Black Reach?
I didnt buy one.. nothing in there i was interested in.

Shangrila
31-10-2008, 21:13
I took all the gaming equipment gave the captain and ten marines away, customized the termies then traded the dread for a random box o tau. I love the rulebook and redd sticks though... awesome.

Mad_Max
02-11-2008, 15:17
first set:
termies: added to existing squad
dread: ironclad
marine squad: chaos or inquisitorial support chapter(not my main marine army)
marine captain: same as marine squad

11 boyz and a nob: 'ard boyz
9 boyz: first mob
1 nob: big mek with a shock gun
3 nobz: painboy and 3 cybork nobz
deffkoptas: first deffkopta skvadron
warboss: Warboss or mega armoured warboss

second set:
termies: added to existing assult termi squad
dread: same as first set marine squad
marine squad: same as first set marine squad
marine captain: same as first set marine squad heavily converted

18 boyz: 'ard boyz
nobz: 6 cybork nobz
deffkoptas: rest of the first deffkopta skvadron
warboss: the one i didn't build before

victorpofa
03-11-2008, 02:01
My Black Reach box was messed up, and I had 2 Warboss/Nob sprues and was missing the second sprue with Boys. GW sent me a full replacement box which provided me with a total of 2 Warbosses, 28 Slugga Boys, 6 Boys with Big Shootas, 10 Nobs, and 6 Deff Koptas for Orks. For Marines I have 2 Captains, 18 Tactical Marines (with 2 Sergeants, 2 Flamers and 2 Missile Launchers), 8 Terminators (2 Sergeants among them), and 2 Dreads.

All the Orks are going into my Evil Sunz/Speed Freek army, the Terminators are going into my Deathwing army, one Captain and the full Tactical squad is going into my Blood Angels, the other Captain, Tactical squad of 8, and one Dread are destined for a small Ultramarine force (1000 points at most), and the other Dread is going into my future Salamanders force.

I plan on getting at least one more Black Reach box, but not for a little while. With these models I have all the slugga boys I will need to finish my Troops, and I need to save up for 3 boxes of Stormboys and a battlewagon in January. :evilgrin:

afshinbb
03-11-2008, 05:05
well i am happy i could get 30 black reach termies somebody didnt want for alot cheaper that the termie boxed sets. thanks GW for making a cheap enought set to make people happy.