PDA

View Full Version : Games Day UK tickets on the door

Sai-Lauren
11-09-2008, 16:06
Hmm, I just got the White Dwarf email - they're selling tickets for Games Day UK on the door on sunday.

I guess they didn't get the anticipated demand this year...

And I give it until post #7 before someone decides this is absolute proof that GW is doomed... :rolleyes:

Son of the Lion
11-09-2008, 16:46
GW IS DOOMED!!!!!!

Hehe.

That's kind of interesting though. The last time I went and you could get tickets on the door was 1992!

Dengar
11-09-2008, 17:37
Thats odd i went two years ago for the first time i went to the wrong door first of all and there were a couple of guys buying their tickets then.

Brother-Captain Antilles
11-09-2008, 17:41
I guess this is affected by the capacity issue also. With the move into Hall 1, I'm guessing GW could legally sell more tickets this year, but maybe there are only a finite number of hobbyists who want to go. Anyhoo, good news for those who want to just turn up on the day or who couldnt commit to it before now, and for those of us who are going, maybe it wont be as crowded!

blongbling
11-09-2008, 20:48
actually more about the fact that people trying to get them now wont get them sent in time, easier and better to send them to the door to buy...and its till gonna be crowded....

Bob5000
11-09-2008, 22:56
Yeah , I think this is due mainly to the larger capacity available , though I would not mind it being less crowded this year ( here is hoping )

RevEv
11-09-2008, 23:18
This is great news - it's a pity I'm working this Sunday.

Hopefully this will become an annual bonanza and I can go next year.

Reaver83
12-09-2008, 08:16
I also think it may be due to lower demand. Last year apoc was about to be released and there were shed loads of deals to be had. This year is just marines hurr!

Bob5000
12-09-2008, 08:19
*Just* Marines ? the biggest selling line GW has? .

I would guess the interest in the new Marines may actually be greater than Apocalypse

Pravus
12-09-2008, 10:08
Forgeworld, Warhammer Online, "acquire" some frames from the "build a hero" tables, elbow a few geeks in the head, get rucksack rage, go home.

That's the plan and I'm sticking to it

xowainx
12-09-2008, 10:55
It's clearly because of the larger capacity. They have to use the bigger room this year, but that won't make any more people come. By announcing that tickets will be available on the door they are just hoping to attract a few stragglers who didn't want to commit for whatever reason. GW makes ridiculous money off UKGD and that won't change this year. Marines are the most popular seller (by far) of any of their lines, so I doubt that them being one of the draws will have any effect on the event's sales.

wat_dabney
12-09-2008, 11:13
My GCN gaming club got sent a couple of free tickets by GW so we could hand them out to club members who wouldn't have gone otherwise.

One of my friends pointed out that the reason behind the event being in the larger hall probably isn't because they desperately wanted a bigger show - they probably just left it too late to book the standard hall and were forced to rent the big one. Seems more likely to me, anyway!

Odin
12-09-2008, 11:15
Well, I don't know if the tickets on the door are due to increased space or reduced demand, but I won't be going to Games Day again unless I lose my sense of smell. Being cooped up for a day with thousands of people, most of whom appear unable to operate a shower, is not my idea of fun.

Brother-Captain Antilles
12-09-2008, 13:27
One of my friends pointed out that the reason behind the event being in the larger hall probably isn't because they desperately wanted a bigger show - they probably just left it too late to book the standard hall and were forced to rent the big one. Seems more likely to me, anyway!

I understand the reason that the Forum hall is not being used is because it simply isnt available due to refurbishment. I'm glad they moved everything along one; as I'll be going in the Golden Demon entrance, it means I'm much closer to the retail stands for the mad 10am rush!