PDA

View Full Version : Flying bases

Arkaedin
13-09-2008, 02:22
Ok, this may not be exactly the right forum, but whatever.

I'm entering the 'Ard boyz tourney tomorrow and just had a horrible realization:
I lost my Landspeeder's flying base.

Something happened to it in transit from my house to my dorm and I have no way to find it before tomorrow. My question: will they allow me to use the model without the flying base? If the answer is no- then can I build my own and if yes does anyone have the exact dimensions (height and radius)?

-Ark

onlainari
13-09-2008, 02:33
I have a tournament in exactly two weeks and I also do not own flying bases for my skimmer tanks.

The rules say they have to be modeled on the bases they came with, but my bases disappeared before the rules came out.

The rule doesn't quite say "skimmers have to have flying bases". I'm going to ask the tournament organizer what I should do.

Arkaedin can you ask the tournament organizer what you should do?

Deadboytat2
13-09-2008, 02:40
I am pretty sure if you explain the situation and build your own it wont be so bad. The last turny i was at there was a guy who lost all his bases and was using a bag of ready made trees to stick his flying units on and no one seemed to mind. and with ard boyz focus on tactics and not painting / modeling i do not see any problems with doing that . it would be nice to have them at least off the ground so people wont forget what they are.

imweasel
13-09-2008, 03:12
At least I don't have to build 'em for my monoliths.