PDA

View Full Version : Play Daemons or something else

Pavic
14-09-2008, 09:05
Well folks, here I am sitting on a rather large Daemon army and now I am not sure I should go forward with it. So, what is my problem? Well, it is all of the metal. Piles and piles of it. To make it worse, 95% of the stuff is NIB.

I intend to play nurgle and tzeentch, and as we all know, GW made the decision not to make any plastic models for these particular gods. In addition, I am holding onto to 30 of previous edition Daemonettes, as well as 17 of the most recent seekers.

At this point, I am pretty sure I am going to get rid of the Deamonettes and Seekers, but this still leaves me with all of the Nurgle and Tzeentch stuff to file, and I really hate filing mold lines off of metal models, especially metal trooper models, since there are a ton of them.

In addition, I play LM, which we all know will be receiving an update in early 2009.

So, the question is, do I bite the bullet and file all of this stuff, or do I move on to a more plastic heavy army to save my sanity? Of course, I guess I could always just sell it all off to be ready for the new LM models, or better yet, pay bills (yeah, right), but it would be nice to have another army other than my LM.

Give me your thoughts.

The Red Scourge
14-09-2008, 09:20
If you don't like the models, don't play the army :)

Kettu
14-09-2008, 13:30
I can't help you here, having more half-finished armies then I know what to do with but really, if you want to do the army then do it. Don't want to then don't.

And hey, if you want to sell the Daemonettes and Seekers give me a PM. I'm always after more (Chaos-forsaken plastics being as they are)

TheWarSmith
16-09-2008, 04:13
I'm w/ Kettu. I'd definitely buy those Slaanesh models off of you.

Honestly though, Tzeentch/Nurgle? They HATE each other.

Penitent Engine
16-09-2008, 12:04
In fact they hate each other so much you want to sell some to me (PM me!)

Seriously, if you like the army play it and stuff the metallness of the models. IF you don't, then don't play!

Pavic
17-09-2008, 01:17
Well, I have decided to oust the whole army, so they are going on the chopping block.

I decided that I would rather have most of the core units for my Lizards painted up so I can focus on the new releases when they hit.

I really love the idea of playing nurgle, but I simply can not sit down and file all of the metal.