View Full Version : Gav's Log of DA + Tau

24-09-2008, 09:20
I lost track of what happened to the To40k thread so I decided to make my own log to better motivate myself to paint. I'm not the best painter in the world but I want to get them painted because I've never played a single game of 40k EVER!

So for my schedule at the moment I am working on Dark Angels to make a battle company force type thing and then some Tau...

I'm gonna work on these two for now.
Then the gun drones as part of a squad of 8. The other four are done just need to get the last lot done.

These two will come after, Oh also I need to finishing basing a 10 man assault squad and some markings on the shoulder pads.

24-09-2008, 11:30
Whats with the baneblade?

Pretty good, the camo pattern on the Devilfish is interesting and you've done the white pretty well which says alot because i can't do white for my life.

24-09-2008, 11:57
The Baneblade is meant to be in a Dark Angels scheme. I know Space Marines aren't usually entitled to one but I have had this thing since apoc came out and I only assembled it, never painted it so this is the furthest I got. I saw some pictures of another DA Baneblade and it looked pretty cool...bit Christmas looking but still cool.

The white could be a lot smoother I guess it's just my camera being a tit at the moment. I don't know why it's coming out with that lighting effect, I might invest in making a model studio to present them better.

Anyhoo here's an update:
Finally at long last, bit tedious in the end but I think they came out ok.
If only the camera was working better (and I had more batteries) I could show this off but I am pretty impressed with this dude. Not normally a fan of highlighting but now using this guide I found he came out pretty cool.
Once the other brown paints arrive I can work on the cloak and also do a test deathwing model.

15-10-2008, 21:30
I thought I'd update this as it's been some time but I have had other things going.
So first of all the commander and dread are pretty much done. Commander needs some work on the flag, bolter and head. Then they both need basing. I'm also working on a 1500 Deathwing force which pretty much involves painting 20 Deathwing Termies...NOT FUN!





15-10-2008, 21:34
And then the deathwing...My aim is to paint the first 8 'bog standard' termies and then work on the other specialists later.


Here's the first two. They look ok but I need to try and smooth the bone out and perhaps make them a little cleaner. I don't Know what to do afterwards though, perhaps a highlight of white mixed with bone. Then the minor details.

...and then these 6 dudes.