PDA

View Full Version : Carnifex Revealed

Mantus
26-04-2005, 18:29
Anyone see this yet?

http://uk.games-workshop.com/tyranids/carnifex/1/

Well not really a rumor anymore as it's official. Nothing we havent seen before but it's all in one place.

thanks, and sorry mods

The Judge
26-04-2005, 19:07
That is awesome - a lot of sprue detail and multilpe carapces!

Guess it's not a rumour anymore...

Inflammable
26-04-2005, 19:08
The red thornback-regeneration one is HOT!

Flame Boy
26-04-2005, 19:13
That's pretty impressive. I wish they had put all three 'Fexes together so we compare the size of them...

I guess we were right... that carapace WAS the spore cysts. :)

Shining_Spear
26-04-2005, 19:48
Nice find. Quite interesting.

It appears the pics found earlier were leaked from the UK webteam, since these are the exact same ones.

thanoson
26-04-2005, 19:57
So, I have extra legs and stuff, I may be able to make 3 carnies for the price of one. Woot!

VanHel
26-04-2005, 20:04
Now thats sexy.

Alex_H
26-04-2005, 21:07
WOW! This creature is amazing!!!! Its grown on me SO much since I saw the first leaked pictures. Pity about the photoshoped pictute (it looks like the barrbed strangler is vomiting). I have to agree the regenerating head is really cool.

Also proves in my mind that the codex cover is a carnifex and not a tyrant like some people thought.

Just wish they had done a size comparison of the three nid generations, or with something like a Leman Russ tank..... Smile

-Alex

boogle
26-04-2005, 21:20
wish they had put all of the bits on there

Baggers
26-04-2005, 21:22
Now thats a beasty worth having in the Nid army I am so tempted to get. It is certainly an improvement of old smily.

Brimstone
26-04-2005, 21:28
wish they had put all of the bits on there

Of the 28 biomorph/bio-weapon options available to the fex (including the internal ones) I can see at least 20 of them on the sprues (maybe more) and several others can be created from other sprues.

boogle
26-04-2005, 21:34
no i meant on the GW website, the explanation of what each bit is with a painted example, wish they had put all of the bits in that article

Baggers
26-04-2005, 21:44
no i meant on the GW website, the explanation of what each bit is with a painted example, wish they had put all of the bits in that article

But surely for GW to give that away it would give to much rule information away?

Brimstone
26-04-2005, 21:51

Ah I see.

OK then

Sprue 1
- The spikes are used with the Thornback
- Scything Talons
- Heads as explained on the GW Website
- Spiky bit on the right below the heads is the mace tail
- Below that is the Scythe tail (3parts)
- Twin-linked deathspitters
- Twin-linked devourers

Sprue 2
- Crushing Claws
- 3 back variants as explained on the site.
- Everything else is fairly obvious except the round bit which goes on the torso to make a ball socket.

Sprue 3
- Venom Cannon & Arm
- Barbed Strangler (2part) & arm
- Extended Carapace bits
- Toxin sacs.
- The round spikey thing at the top is a large "brain" type fex sized
adrenal gland.

boogle
26-04-2005, 22:03
cheers Brim, that wasn't too hard was it so i can't see why GW couldn't have done the same

sigur
26-04-2005, 23:34
I'm not into Tyranids, but I have to admit that I'm impressed. The fact that you can put (almost?) every possible option on your miniature is amazing. I just can't wait till they start making orky sprues. ;)

x-esiv-4c
26-04-2005, 23:43
Damn, that is indeed a nice piece!

Eversor
27-04-2005, 02:29
I need to get my head examined. I swear I love that carnifex in the same way I love women ;)

EDIT: Weird how the Strangler is depicted as a sort of "acid spray". Not exactly what I expected from a gun that fires a carniverous plant seed ;)

surgical_strika
27-04-2005, 04:32
You know, that looks really cool.
But all things considered, thats gonna be a toughie to kill in a battle :mad: .

Dais
27-04-2005, 10:37
http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/popup.htm?/tyranids/carnifex/images/thornback.jpg

before i saw that i thought id stay with my 3rd ed. models. that old one eye looks better than the original old one eye. would be nice if they positioned the crushing claws more horazontaly like the original but i guess i can do that at home.
thanks to the new sprues i want 2 new genestealer boxes despite haveing plenty of old ones, 4 carnifexes despite haveing 2 a hive tyrant 3 zoanthropes and a full complement of tyrant guard. before just the tyrant, 1 box of steelers and the guard(still not sure how i got to wanting zoanthropes over carnifex sprues)

Ps. anyone else disappointed the monsterous weapon sprue has no ripper anymore?

invivos
27-04-2005, 11:09
Didnt realize that there was a regeneration head in the sprue untill now. That one looks so cool! :D

Does the spore cyst back release some toxic clouds or fires spore mines too? :confused:

boogle
27-04-2005, 11:15
i think its spore mines (the toxic miasma does the cloud thing)

lostitgotit72
27-04-2005, 12:24
Ohhhhh, I want the Model, or at least wait until the nid players at my club get it so I can challange them to a game, and drool over it then........

The other nid's I don't really like, but that could be becauise of the paint job, but they remind me of the scnd ed models to much....

Scythe
27-04-2005, 13:38
Very nice, those pics are even better quality than those seen before.

But then I saw the regenerating one with crushing claws and scything talons in the BfM color scheme. Damn that thing looks absolutely amazing! I really need at least 3 of them....

Warhammer_freak
27-04-2005, 20:38
Brilliant model and I think they finally perfected it.
However I swear it looks like something out of a film or something on tv??!! :confused:

benwicks20
28-04-2005, 12:05
OH MY GOD!!!

I never liked the carni from the last ed. Now they have finally released a version better than the original screamer killer (which I still love by the way)

Makes me want to start collecting tyranids even though my 40k chaos army isn't yet finished (or remotely painted) and I've just started collecting fantasy orcs. Oh well I will just have to work out how to afford them all!

Jmitchell
28-04-2005, 15:00
ME NO LIKE!

In fact I dislike all new tyranids, especially... well all of them.

Lostanddamned
28-04-2005, 16:27
Any Reason or is it "just beacuse they are there"?

I like 'em personally, they look unified AND threatening unlike past incarnations

cyndre
28-04-2005, 17:21
I like the codex Cover also, the Fex just tearing apart a smurf rhino. :D

Yorkiebar
28-04-2005, 17:53
So so much better thn the sillohette looked. Oh, man, I am so getting that model...

Warhammer_freak
28-04-2005, 20:16
Brilliant model and I think they finally perfected it.
However I swear it looks like something out of a film or something on tv??!! :confused:
RAR I REMEMBERED!!!
The big lombering bad guys out of the Dark Crystal film!!

Misfratz
28-04-2005, 20:44
I just thought I'd take the opportunity to say wow... Can't wait to see one in person.

charlie_c67
29-04-2005, 07:57
... Can't wait to see one in person.
Just not in a dark alley yeah? ;)

Kaoslord
29-04-2005, 10:04
I have to say, I'm impressed with the sheer amount of extra components in one of these kits... Lots of possibilities for conversions with Tyrants / Biovores / Ravenors if they're the right size... Or maybe even if they''re not...

Hey, when you looked at the 2nd generation 'Fex, did anyone else feel a pressing need to green-stuff a cape onto it and sing the Batman tune whenever they moved it? :D

Wolflord Bloodangel
02-05-2005, 05:28
Is anyone else intrigued that the horned head (seen http://oz.games-workshop.com/download/popup.htm?/games/40k/tyranids/extras/carnifex/images/profile-right.jpg ) dosnt appear to be on the sprue at all.

Not only that but I cant see any additional bit that fits the bill that couold be glued onto one of the regular heads?

Possibly the spike in the top left of the head sprue, but it looks a little small...

Brimstone
02-05-2005, 06:47
As you said it's just the regular head with the spike I had described as part of the scythe tail (to the right of it) glued on top.

Scythe
02-05-2005, 06:47
That occured to me as well. I assume it is some spike from the frame just glued on a standard head. Not entirely sure tough.

Marty D
02-05-2005, 10:58
"The big lombering bad guys out of the Dark Crystal film!!"

the skeksees - or however you spell it

the carni is one badass - definately making a purchase, along with the new hive tyrant of course

Gannon
04-05-2005, 05:02
Bug fever shall arise again. And this is just the pill to swallow to cure it. Man what an awesome mini. Or I guess I should say model. I can't wait to see one in real life.

Forgotmytea
04-05-2005, 08:40
Yep, still don't like any of the new models, especially the Tyrant and Carnifex. Oh well, I suppose the old models will still be avaliable....

Scythe
04-05-2005, 09:23
Well, everyone has his own taste I guess...;)

Our local store which I visited yesterday was still filled with old Hive Tyrants, Carnifexes and Old One Eyes. Doubt they'll sell many of them in this period....