PDA

View Full Version : Blood Bowl League Names?

Eternus
13-10-2008, 14:02
Ok then, how about some League Names?

I came up with a possible:

The N.M.G.L - National Mutilators Guild League

Also the B.P.F.L - Border Princes Frontier League

Anyone else wanna make a suggestion?

guillaume
14-10-2008, 02:05
We use the area where we live as part of the name. It is a good way to get new players in the area and make the league more open.

Where do you live?

We are called Alamo City Blood Bowl League (ACBBL). We are in San Antonio (hence Alamo).

Eternus
14-10-2008, 08:26
I live near Leicester, in the East Midlands - UK. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Cirrus the Blue
15-10-2008, 04:52
An easier way to make team names is to play off the traits of the team you're using. I had an idea for a 'werewolf' team and call them the Midnight Mashers (full moon, etc.). The Moot Mighties are a halfling team, obviously, and many human teams go on their respective areas such as Reikland Reavers or whichever. You could make a human team from Middenheim and tack on a word like Maulers for example to make it sound like a genuine team. You can get the same results from playing off the history of whichever race you're playing with.

When in doubt, rip off existing teams from the NFL! The Orcland Raiders are kinda reeeeeally similar to the Oakland Raiders, yes? ;) Same with Bad Bay Hackers (Green Bay Packers), and the Darkside (Dallas) Cowboys to name a few. These are all existing historic Blood Bowl teams, by the way so nothing saying that you can't adapt the same methods to create a great team name. :D (The Mudland Browns have a nice ring to it for a Gobbo team, don't you think?)

And last, but not least, go for an existing team and make it your own! Why not have a go at the Tzeentch Tornadoes or Vynheim Valkyries? Myself, I'm doing the Chaos All-Stars and brought in some new players of my own concoction and it's working great!

- Cirrus

Marlow
15-10-2008, 14:07
We called our League after the games club where we play. I try and make sure my team names have a nice fantasy sound to them. I used Irish Mythology for a lot of them such as Milesian Banshees and Balors Brigands.

Stuart-GreatEscapeGames
08-11-2008, 00:17
We play in the Welsh Amateur Nuffle Cup...

Darkson
08-11-2008, 01:23
ARBBL - stands for Albion Rules Blood Bowl League, because we originally used some houserules to simlate the fact it always rains in Albion (and the fact we're based in Andover is completely coincidental...;)).

vomitbrown
20-12-2008, 08:44
Where I to run a BB league I would have named it "Hacksonville Arena Blood Bowl." I play all of my Blood Bowl in Jacksonville, FL.
Lame, I know. LOL

LordSnotball
20-12-2008, 18:16
what does BB mean for you?

Bloodfest Galore [or just bloodfest]
Pansy Elfballin'

or playing off some well known brands, on FUMBBL a guy runs a group called Orca-Cola... http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1347

have a look, some nice banners and funky names like the BloodWeiser Cup etc...

Waaagh Grignak
20-12-2008, 19:26
We play in the CBBBL, the chelmsford bunker blood bowl league!

My High Elf team is called Orlandyr Magic (Coz they come from Saphery)

My Dark Elf team is called Malarond Malevolence

My Vampire Team is called Dead Star Belgraad

My Human Teams are Grunberg Packers and Real Margritta

and my Orc Team is called Morkchester United!

Tyrelli
30-01-2010, 10:11
The League im running the Averland Cup has 8 teams and here is a flavour of the team names.

Reikland Monarchs ((humman))

GreenSkin Buccaneers ((Ork))

Badland Ghosts ((undead))

Zharr Niggrund Oilers ((Chaos Dwarf))

I added team history to each team and a club badge to give some flavour to each of the teams ((Each badge was lovingly ripped off from a NFL or Hocky logo))