PDA

View Full Version : Theomar Pius' Scenery projects

Theomar Pius
26-10-2008, 07:12
I just finished this piece up the other day, so I figure I'll kick off my project log thread by showing my moset recent project. As I'm working on other projects, I'll add them to this thread. Generally, I deal in fantasy terrain. I'm working on a long term project of a fantasy medieval town, of which this is a part. I also do some fantasy Elvish terrain, and hope to at some point build some Dwarvish stuff as well.

So here is my most recent project, a section of city wall with a Barbican and townhouses hanging from the wall.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/204173

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics13/img4903975a1a483.jpg
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/9756/barbicandetails1sh9.jpg
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/7696/barbicandetails2ib6.jpg

Mulrak
26-10-2008, 12:41
Just WOW.

Mulrak

N810
26-10-2008, 14:10
WOAH :eek:
Thats incredible :D
That has to be some of the best
Scenery I have seen on ths site. ;)

Ezekiel Celes
26-10-2008, 14:15
Brilliant! just plain brilliant!

so, what system is this for? as it appears slightly large?
though, on your site I see familiar items of bretonnia and other fantasy stuff... is there just too much detailed work?!

Excellent job man! looking forward to seeing more!

mrtn
26-10-2008, 14:31
Wow, really cool, looking forward to updates. :)

Theomar Pius
26-10-2008, 16:44
Thanks guys.
Generic fantasy setting, probably best used for skirmish games. The size is a little bigger because I mostly use Reaper minis for scaling them, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't work with GW. People come in all shapes and sizes right?

I build with the assumption that 2" equals one story of a building. That probably makes the ceilings a little high, but it's easier for me during construction.
Cheers guys!

Wolf Scout Ewan
27-10-2008, 00:02
Jawdropping stuff m8!

horizon
27-10-2008, 13:39
Nice, very nice. Very Nice.

Dalanshin
27-10-2008, 14:24
I remain a devoted Pius fan since I saw your stuff at GD Baltimore, 2008.
This stuff is awesome, your town must be getting very big!!
Post us a full town shot with the newest building when you get a chance.
Thanks for tsharing and inspiring me to get back to my workshop!!!
Yours,
nikolai

Theomar Pius
27-10-2008, 17:32
Funny thing about the full town. Well, since GD Baltimore this summer, I've added three buildings: these two and the church. It is now too big to fit on a table top, that isn't a custom gaming table. So now I'm getting to the point where if I want to continue this town, I need to do some serious planning, and a full layout. I figure 4x8 would be the biggest I could do. I'm not sure exactly how I want it to go either. I don't know if I want the wall to circle the whole city, or do I want a cliff at one side, do I want it built up to water, etc. Lots of choices to make. I figure the best way would be to buy a sheet of 8x4 foam and place what I have on it and go from there. At the beggining of this year I had 4 buildings for this town, now I have 11, so the pace has surely picked up.

dancingmonkey
27-10-2008, 18:48
Freaking awesome scenery there sir.

Top quality avatar too... I love a bit of toon link.

An 8x4' board would be stunning in this quality of build. Its going to be a big project, but I reckon the end result would justify it. Plus think of the siege games... .the siege...

Keep up the amazing work.

Regards.

Theomar Pius
27-10-2008, 19:45
Freaking awesome scenery there sir.

Top quality avatar too... I love a bit of toon link.

An 8x4' board would be stunning in this quality of build. Its going to be a big project, but I reckon the end result would justify it. Plus think of the siege games... .the siege...

Keep up the amazing work.

Regards.

Ah Ha!
follow the link in my sig, I recently built the temple of time, with a miniature link, and it will go in this village:cool:

Daniel36
27-10-2008, 20:15
Hey there pal! I am glad you found your way to Warseer. I have seen your work before, several months ago. I gawked at all your work on your dandanjobarnicles site, and I am glad you decided to show the Warseer community as well!

It's good to see you haven't been sitting still these past months. I see you have quite some extra stuff done in the meantime! Jealous am I! Your work is amazing and inspiring!

dancingmonkey
27-10-2008, 21:54
Ah Ha!
follow the link in my sig, I recently built the temple of time, with a miniature link, and it will go in this village:cool:

:eek::eek::eek:

wow man... I mean... wow.

That rocks, and that's about all I can say.
Link is cute too. Elven Ranger/Warrior dual class?

cailus
28-10-2008, 00:44
Absolutely phenomenal. I wish I could design and build terrain of that calibre!

bugbait_nz
28-10-2008, 05:48
You have fantastic hand skills, very envious! I have been watching (and saving) your pics for awhile at CMON, personal favourite is the tower of caran orod, can I have a copy of your brain please!!

Bugbait out.