PDA

View Full Version : Miniature manufacturers to incorperate w/ Chaos

Nurglefied
29-10-2008, 01:20
I have just been introduced to a very good manufacturer called Ultraforge that makes a few very cool looking mini's that could easily be incorperated in my chaos (Nurgle) army. I am also aware of Forgeworld (of course) but other than that are any of you aware of any decent mini companies, excluding Reaper and Confrontation that may not be official through GW but sort of cater to the hobby with options for armies (like Ultra Forge)?

Yautja
29-10-2008, 01:22
Pig iron productions make differant heads. They seem suitable for imperial guard.

chromedog
29-10-2008, 01:24
There are literally hundreds of miniature manufacturers around. I don't know what country you're in, so I can't recommend a 'local' (as in even inside your own national boundaries).
Heresy make very good GD models (the Netherlord is a standout khornate choice).
(of course, the GW-models-only fascists will look down their nose at you for them, even though the models are a) better made, and b) more detailed).

Brimstone
29-10-2008, 01:32
Having just completed a Daemon army I can highly recommend Heresy miniatures for their 'Blight' models especially when you purchase their completely separate one eyed horned Cyclops heads.
In addition they have excellent models that would fit both flesh hounds and Daemon Princes (check out the fly headed Tunnel dweller).

fear_the_squirrels
29-10-2008, 01:55
I''ll toss another vote on for Heresy (http://www.heresyminiatures.com). The Netherlord 2 is HUGE, and towers over everything on the battle field. There is also B'Hakoth (however its spelled) and Azathoth which make excellent daemon princes.

Andy makes some of the best daemons and monsters hands down.

-Chris

Bregalad
29-10-2008, 10:46
I have put my Nurgle Marine army ideas in this thread:
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136863

EVIL INC
29-10-2008, 14:53
Iron Crow used to have a box set called "Space Rangers". You got 50 models for $30. They make perfect Thousand sons units.
Many of the Warzone models are also great.
Some of the warjacks from warmachine could make excellent chaos dreads.

Nurglefied
02-11-2008, 14:21
Having just completed a Daemon army I can highly recommend Heresy miniatures for their 'Blight' models especially when you purchase their completely separate one eyed horned Cyclops heads.
In addition they have excellent models that would fit both flesh hounds and Daemon Princes (check out the fly headed Tunnel dweller).

I hate to say it but the Blights are far superior to the GW Plaguebearer models. I have already placed an order and swapped the heads. Very cool company!

Pokpoko
02-11-2008, 14:49
http://helldorado.fr/factions/les-demons/index.php
this is how demons should look like:)

Brucopeloso
03-11-2008, 08:28
The obese daemon of gluttony is so cool!
:D

Son of Makuta
03-11-2008, 09:33
Yeah, I was just about to suggest Helldorado.

There's also Infinity, the models of which would probably make fantastic Eldar given a weapon swap. (They're more or less normal-scale, so they're a lot slenderer than most 40K models, come in really dynamic poses, and more to the point, are simply incredible.) Urban Mammoth also make some nice possible alternatives for this or that.