PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Marine Battleforce Set (Please Help)

Space Angel
29-10-2008, 04:19
I am new to 40k and have purchased the 2007 Chaos Space Marine Battleforce set. What I have noticed with these miniature sets is the instructons suck, I am use to building model aircraft where every part has a number on the instruction sheet. Is there some kind of rule of thumb of what legs get what torso/chest plate and what gets what head? I find it very confusing on the Chaos Black Legion Space Marines in the set as there are different shoulder pads and I don't know which ones go with which miniature.

Any advise or assistance would be much appreciated before I go crazy!

Inquisitor Engel
29-10-2008, 04:24
Imagination is your friend.

There is absolutely no prescribed method for assembling your models, you can use whatever shoulderpads, legs, torsos and heads you want, in whatever combination you want. It's all up to you.

GW models offer an extraordinary amount of freedom.

Go nuts and welcome to the hobby. :)

Commanderxenos
29-10-2008, 04:29
the only thing to keep in mind is some arms are best in certain pairs. Especially when trying to have arms hold a bolter. Otherwise the hands may not line up too well. Other than that, mix match however you please! Feel free to mix up various sets/sprues as well, you can make some very appealing models that way!

MajorWesJanson
29-10-2008, 05:26
Generally, the arms that are meant to be paired are right next to one another on the sprue.

Overall, the models are modular. Build them how you think they look best.