PDA

View Full Version : Chaplain Cassius???

CthulhuDalek
29-10-2008, 10:49
Did anyone else get a Chaplain Cassius model that does NOT come with the combiflamer component?

Mine comes with a bolt pistol, but seems to be missing "Infernus."

BigRob
29-10-2008, 10:58
There have been several threads on this recently.

The bolt pistol cassius is the older model from the time when he didnt have a combi flamer. Rules changed and so did the model. I understand its quite a rare thing to have these days as they are not making anymore.

biggreengribbly
29-10-2008, 14:01
I believe the exact reverse happened when the model was first released with the 4th ed rules, and everyone was confused when the model came with a Combi Flamer instead of a Bolt Pistol :evilgrin:

CthulhuDalek
29-10-2008, 18:18
So strange, I'll have to call my local GW and see if they have the combi-flamer variant...

sabre4190
29-10-2008, 19:16
Some pictures of the old model come with the combi flamer, but i think most of the models had the bolt pistol. Or at least mine did.

PotatoLegs
29-10-2008, 21:10
As someone above said, when the model was first released he came with a combi-flamer, but his rules only equipped him with a bolt pistol and no options to upgrade. They later changed his model to equip him with a bolt pistol to bring him inline with his rules.

But in a flurry of brilliance, they decided with these latest rules to give him the combiflamer back, thus making the retconned boltpistol model obsolete.

I hope I've used 'retconned' in the right context....

AmKhaibitu
30-10-2008, 03:36
Retroactive Continuity?
Don't think it works here.

Though does he also have a bolt pistol as well as combi-flamer, or just the combi-flamer now?
Because if it's just the one, then someone didn't get the memo about the model change.

Apocalypse
30-10-2008, 03:38
Potato's pretty much got it... You can actually find some of these rarities on ebay from time to time... They are pricey though- a real collectors item. I doubt you'd wanna open the blister if you got your hands on it.

Warforger
30-10-2008, 05:01
Incorrect, in his entry he still has a bolt pistol with his infernus