broodlord feeder cara
8 x stealers acid maw st cara

i want to add abit of support to the genestealers attack
so im thinking 2 x 6 winged warriors
6 ranged and 6 close combat

how do you think thewy should be armed?

Shangrila
30-10-2008, 11:05
I think that giving guns to winged warriors defeats their purpose,since they have a 3+ save and cant be instadeathed, have a 12 inch charge and a 12 inch movement chances are theyll get where they need to be.For CC though one set scything talons, one set rending claws, the poor mans power weapon.

Ganymene
30-10-2008, 11:14
I think that giving guns to winged warriors defeats their purpose,since they have a 3+ save and cant be instadeathed, have a 12 inch charge and a 12 inch movement chances are theyll get where they need to be.For CC though one set scything talons, one set rending claws, the poor mans power weapon.

Winged Warriors have a 5+ Sv, and and only a 6 inch charge.

I arm mine with Scything Talons, Rending Claws, Toxin Sacs, Bio-Plasma, Flesh Hooks, and both Adrenal Glands. This gives them each five attacks on the charge at S5 I5 (one attack at I10) with four of those attacks being rending.

They are kind of expensive, but they will take down most enemies in close combat. But beware, they are extremely fragile. And with them being so expensive, they need to be used very carefully. Avoid rapid fire at all costs.

IAMNOTHERE
30-10-2008, 11:19
I think the small blast weapon with a strength bonus is the way to go for warriors at the moment, can't remember the name.

Ganymene
30-10-2008, 11:21
Deathspitter. S6 small bast.

hendybadger
30-10-2008, 12:49
so the cc ones shold have st + rc

and the ranged? im thinking devs or spitters.
should they be twin linked?