PDA

View Full Version : How many flamers in a sisters army?

BaronDG
01-11-2008, 01:17
I have several models but for every place in my army list, I have opted for a heavy flamer instead. Maybe I'll run some dominions someday, but my fast attack regularly gets filled by seraphim (the only thing, apart from exorcists, that my opponents truly fear).

So, in my army, due to saving a few points on the last unit, there is room for one ordinary flamer. How many have you got?

Filthy O'Bedlam
01-11-2008, 01:35
My Main opponent is Eldar, so I simply take as many flamers as I can cram in the army

BaronDG
01-11-2008, 01:42
Eldar in particular are deserving the heavy flamer love. All that 4+ aspect armour and it is so satisfying to KILL on a 2+...

Kulgur
01-11-2008, 02:02
My 1.5k list that I usually run has:
1 heavy flamer
1 twin-linked heavy flamer immolator
3 flamers
1 twin linked hand flamer

I blame model limitations (not enough heavy flamers)

the1stpip
01-11-2008, 02:03
I have included a lot of flamers in my provisional army (ie when I get it built) along with some heavy flamers.

But I will be running dominion squads over seraphim.

BaronDG
01-11-2008, 02:11
We could do with a few more heavy flamer girls, that's for sure...

galahad67
01-11-2008, 03:23
my last sob army featured:

3 exorcists - wheeee!- 390
5 Immolators = 325
5 6 sob squads = heavy flamer in all 5, flamer in all 5 (532)
9 seras 230
1 cannoness 120

5 immolator TL Heavy flamers
5 sister carried heavy flamers
5 sister carried flamers
1 sera w flame pistols

16 flamers

A crossfire of 3 or more squads can roast a lot = even MEQs

only anti armour is the exorcists and the melta bombs carried by the seras and the cannoness...

I could put another immolator/sister squad in a 1750 force but I might add another sera squad instead.

Firstborn
01-11-2008, 05:18
Jump Canoness

4x Battle Sister Squad, Melta, Heavy Flamer, Vet w/ Book, Rhino w/ EA, Smokes
2x 5 Storm Troopers w/ Plasma Gun
8 Seraphim, 2x Dual Hand Flamers, Vet w/ Book, Evisorator
8 Retributors, 4 Heavy Bolters, Vet w/ Book
2x Exorcists

That is a typical 1750pt army for me, and it doesn't actually include a single flamer. If I use dominions, it is typically in an Apoc game and I use 4 Melta Guns.

Xenobane
01-11-2008, 12:08
Well, optimally every Sisters squad should have a heavy flamer in it, and then either a meltagun or a normal flamer. Personally I have three flamer models, but I am starting to reconsider my preferred H. flamer/ flamer combination in favour of H. flamer/meltagun and a VSS with a combi-flamer. Given that you get one turn of double-template killing anyway, you're not losing much by dropping the flamer. And you always have that meltagun around to deal with armour and tough targets as they appear.

If you're interested, there was a good discussion on the flamer vs meltagun a few pages back in the Tactica: Witch Hunter thread:

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151&page=414

Starts with Ixe's post 2/3 of the way down this page, and then carries on for a couple of pages.

Kulgur
01-11-2008, 12:21
my last sob army featured:

3 exorcists - wheeee!- 390
5 Immolators = 325
5 6 sob squads = heavy flamer in all 5, flamer in all 5 (532)
9 seras 230
1 cannoness 120

5 immolator TL Heavy flamers
5 sister carried heavy flamers
5 sister carried flamers
1 sera w flame pistols

16 flamers

A crossfire of 3 or more squads can roast a lot = even MEQs

only anti armour is the exorcists and the melta bombs carried by the seras and the cannoness...

I could put another immolator/sister squad in a 1750 force but I might add another sera squad instead.

Was that a very old SoB army? Because currently battle sister squads below 10 don't exist

march10k
01-11-2008, 12:24
Zero. I field meltas and heavy flamers in my battle sisters squads, inferno pistols in my seraphim (only one squad, I'll probably go for flamers if I do another squad), and stormbolters in my dominion squads (along with an empty immolator per dominion squad...it's a FOC-free heavy choice!).

squeekenator
01-11-2008, 12:50
If I had enough money for the Sisters army I planned out, it would contain (IIRC) 13 flamers; eight on Dominion squads and 5 on Battle Sister squads. The other Fast Attack slot has another Dominion squad with meltaguns and I took 3 Exorcists, so I figured I had enough anti-tank to take flamer+heavy flamer on the Battle Sisters.

DoomedToRepeatIt
01-11-2008, 13:46
As many as you can cram into the list.

BaronDG
01-11-2008, 14:06
How do you justify the flamer instead of the heavy flamer?

Shatter Cake
01-11-2008, 14:19
How many flamers should go in a sisters army?

How many you got?

Faith for rending flamers = awesome.

Firstborn
01-11-2008, 19:00
It is a common misconception by people who do not play a Sisters army that they include lots of flamers. The best Sisters army often do not include any, instead relying on heavy flamers and meltas in their Battle Sister squads.

Hrw-Amen
01-11-2008, 19:07
I have a sisters army that has a few flamers in it, but along side this and painted in the same scheme, (So really it is just an extension but with enough squads to be a stand alone force.) I have a sisters army in which every single model is equiped with a flamer weapon of some sort. I've even modeled some sisters pushing little pallet trucks with drums of extra promethean as a reserve/aux unit. I have an immolater fitted with twin linked flamers as well as a trolley based twin linked flamer team.

Sisters should have a lot of flamers after all, it is what the heretics expect and you would not want to disappoint them.