PDA

View Full Version : marine commander

tstreet21
01-11-2008, 02:04
started working a little while ago on a Ravenguard army and have been waiting for my store to get the new plastic marine commander set. so I picked it up today only to find out that it only has a left arm lightning claw and doesn't have a right to make a matched set. :mad:

does anybody know what set or blister can be purchased to get a plastic right handed lightning claw to duplicate what is done in the marine codex on pages 108 (center)? I would prefer to stay away from chopping up one of the metal vanguard models just cause thats a pain.

thanks for the help

Lord Malorne
01-11-2008, 02:13
Could always pop over to the warseer trading forum, plastic LC...no luck i'm afraid AFAIK the only right handed ones are metal, like the MkI vets.

Inquisitor Engel
01-11-2008, 02:20
If you feel adventurous and buy two of the sets, it's pretty easy to slice/swap the sides the cables and thumb are on.

I did. Looks fine. Plus you get all sorts of fun bitz out of it. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/britboyinTx/Ultramarines/S2010022.jpg

Apologies for the crappy picture quality, taken with a 2MP camera when the 4th Ed. Space Marine Codex came out. ;)

tstreet21
01-11-2008, 02:45
figures. they finally show a model I like that doesn't have all that decoration crap all over it and it turns it its made from 6 different models and probably took 100 hours to convert.

nice pic. might try that if I can't find a better option.

Shangrila
01-11-2008, 02:52
Well theres the assault termie box,the metal termie arms from GW online and also the dual LC vet from GW online.

Or give him a right armed power fist and add the blades.

Personally i used the terminator assualt LC's on my shrikes wing. They do require shoulder modification for the jump pack to fit and still have shoulder pads but there well worth it.

Khornies & milk
01-11-2008, 03:08
Yep, join the club...full of members who have had the same trouble as you, and especially when it comes to Lightning Claws. GW Bitz service used to provide a set, from the Veteran mini I think it was, but that isn't an option anymore.

MrBigMr
01-11-2008, 03:16
I have a commander claw that I don't need. I'll trade it for the commander's stretched right arm without the hand. I need one of those. I don't know why GW demants to have all right arms bent.

Admiral Samuel Eden
01-11-2008, 04:40
Cut a bolt pistol off a right arm and you can get some straight arms, especially the chaos ones.

MrBigMr
01-11-2008, 04:44
So far all the right arms I have are bent. Only left pistol arms are stretched.

Admiral Samuel Eden
01-11-2008, 04:52
No, chaos marine right pistol arms are straight.

captain ceaser
01-11-2008, 14:46
The marine captain p108 is the old sicarus model i beleive from the medusa campaign. Yes this a problem i have had for a long time, getting twin LC or stretched arms is a nightmare. The chaos marine ones are different but they have some kind of glove as a gaunlet instead of the smoother arms on the loyalists so you need matching chaos marine arms.

Radium
01-11-2008, 15:33
Yep, it was a limited ed. model for the medusa campaign.

You might just want to go with assault termi arms and replace the shoulder pads. Or not, termi shoulder pads look badass on power armoured models.

Culven
01-11-2008, 15:39
Are the lightning claws from the MKI Veterans set available on a bits site (GW, Battlewagon bitz, Warforge, GamingFigures.com, etc.)?

Grand Master Raziel
01-11-2008, 16:07
Space Marine Veterans Squad (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1020021&prodId=prod1060042)

GW still sells the Mk 1 Veteran squad on the U.S. Online store. That's the only non-limited edition power armored figure that I know of that they've ever produced that has twin L-claws. They're pewter, but the L-claw arms are seperate bitz from the figure in question, so you can buy the box, use the arms for your Commander, and slap some other arms on the pewter schmoe. Maybe give him that PF from the Commander set and use him as a Veteran Sergeant for one of your other squads.

Battlewagon Bitz sells that figure individually. Here he is. (http://www.thewarstore.com/product38040.html) Currently out of stock, but you can have them email you when he's available again.

Alternately, instead of the L-claw equipped Commander, you might go with a relic blade, and give your commander a storm bolter or combi-weapon. I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of so-armed commanders in the near future.