PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

DigbyWeapon
01-11-2008, 04:01
I was looking on the AU and USA Games Workshop website and its really hard to use when it comes to looking at Lotr.

I thought I should ask you guys for help.
Now I want to collect the fellowship characters, so what supplement is right for me?

I'm thinking of the stuff from the first film/book.

Digby

lorelorn
01-11-2008, 06:47
If you don't mind plastic, then the Mines of Moria boxed set gives you the entire fellowship - minus Bill the Pony.

Pitalla Crimson
01-11-2008, 08:52
the fellowship of the ring journey book would be ideal, and to be honest there are loads of fellowship miniatures aoround for your liking.

Mines of moria has them all and its a very exciting start and introduction to the game.
cheers.

RohanCaptain
14-11-2008, 15:52
I would second, or third, the mines of moria set. You get the fellowship, goblins and a cave troll. You also get the rulesbook, and a very nice little walk-through guide to teach you to play, oh and some scenery.

There's other sets/variations of the fellowship, and you can look into those as well if you want a specific Aragorn, or Legolas. But bang for the buck, Mines of Moria is great.

HsojVvad
15-11-2008, 00:16
I 4th it. MoM is the way to go.

destroyerlord
15-11-2008, 03:35
Considering the price difference between one of the full metal fellowship sets and the MoM set it does seem to be the best buy. It comes with a softcover version of the rules and all of the profiles for any characters that were in the movies.
If you are looking for a supplement that includes all of the fellowship, I think one of the journey books (fellowship of the ring, the two towers or return of the king) are the ones for you. Other supplements have some members of the fellowship but not all of them. Remember that all the rules for them are in the main rulebook and the MoM rulebook anyway.

Red Corsairs
17-11-2008, 16:58
I would suggest 'The Fellowship of the Ring Journey Book' when it comes to what Supplement to buy. It's better than the MoM book by far, it has Scenarios, Guides and the rules needed for the Fellowship. Obviously though, if you're just starting out MoM would be the way to go!

irishthump
18-11-2008, 08:35
I have to agree about the MOM boxset.

I started my LOTR collection by buying metal fellowship boxsets, I was always sorry I never bought MOM.