PDA

View Full Version : Would you be ok with this?

Getifa Ubazza
02-11-2008, 21:48
Ive been looking to add Blasters into my Dark Eldar Warrior squads, but really dont like the ones GW sell. Not that i can get them that easy, but anyway.

I was looking at Fire Dragons, and with a few tweaks here and there, they would look great as Warriors with blasters.

Would anyone object to me using those models for this?

Thanks

Lord Malorne
02-11-2008, 22:26
Would work fine IMO, would look good with some work.

Orkeosaurus
03-11-2008, 00:29
I doubt most people have any idea what a blaster is or looks like.

Using fire dragons is probably helpful to your opponent because they're a well known anti-tank unit. I say go for it.

Commisar
03-11-2008, 00:43
I doubt most people have any idea what a blaster is or looks like.

Using fire dragons is probably helpful to your opponent because they're a well known anti-tank unit. I say go for it.

This made me Laugh.

"Dark Eldar" Are the Punchline to so many jokes at the moment.

Victomorga
03-11-2008, 01:00
what is a blaster?

what do the GW ones look like?

would this involve some sort of bending or breaking of codex rules, or just swapping a different gun on a few models?

if what you are asking is would I have a problem if someone showed up with customized models, saying "this gun here counts as ____," I wouldn't mind, ad long as they were consistent throughout the army, and weren't fundamentally misleading or confusing (i.e. if someone had subbed plasma cannons for all their bolters in a marine army, and then something else for plas cans, that could be a little problematic).

TrojanWolf
03-11-2008, 01:50
I wouldn't have a problem. I'm a Dark Eldar player myself, and the idea actually sounds really good to me.

Clang
03-11-2008, 02:55
won't be a problem, fluffwise they're eldar weapons which the evil DE have stolen/looted and modified for their own use, ruleswise they count as the DE equivalent.

DE are 'fallen eldar' after all, and will take great pleasure in mocking their 'good' brothers and sisters by both seducing them over to the Dark Side then using their weapons against their former own side - sounds just the kind of thing that DE would do. And with a fairly crappy DE model range, it's also a good modelling option :)

victorpofa
03-11-2008, 03:36
Since the Fire Dragons are metal I think he means using Fire Dragon models in place of Warriors with Blasters. Personally, I would not mind at all. Since it is still a GW model it should be Tourney legal as well. Just make sure their paint is nothing like Fire Dragon aspect colors, and tell your opponent about it so they don't think you are using Eldar squads.

Getifa Ubazza
03-11-2008, 20:57
Since the Fire Dragons are metal I think he means using Fire Dragon models in place of Warriors with Blasters. Personally, I would not mind at all. Since it is still a GW model it should be Tourney legal as well. Just make sure their paint is nothing like Fire Dragon aspect colors, and tell your opponent about it so they don't think you are using Eldar squads.This is exactly what i ment. They would be painted the exact same as the others models in the unit.

Lord Damocles
03-11-2008, 21:05
I wouldn't have a problem with somebody doing this, but it's not something that I'd do myself. (IMO Fire Dragons just won't look like Warriors).

Personally I'd convert Blasters and just have standard Warriors etc. carry them. I've seen pretty good Blasters made from Splinter Cannons with the barrels cut off and replaced with 4 blades from the end of Splinter Rifles.

Brother Caine
03-11-2008, 23:38
I don't know what a blaster is or what they look like, But I love conversions and kit bashing! Go for it!

Lord Malorne
04-11-2008, 00:24
I think if you did this you would have to point it out as most people (myself included) what not notice...heck with DE these days you can just say 'its dead, because *Insert random DE rule here* so there' ...;)

Rip456
04-11-2008, 01:52
I'd be cool with that, it would look better then the original blasters too.

Getifa Ubazza
04-11-2008, 01:59
I'd be cool with that, it would look better then the original blasters too.Thats why i was going to use them. There not that differant from the DE Warriors, plus i can re-use them in my Eldar army, when GW redo the DE.

Kulgur
04-11-2008, 02:39
For those who don't know

Blasters are short range lance + assault weapons, 1 shot 12" str8 ap 2. Currently there is NO model for warriors with blasters and the only way to get them for jetbikes is to buy the rather pricey squadron box.

The one on the right is a blaster, left is shredder, if this link doesn't work it's to the Dark Eldar Incubi set 2 (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300091&prodId=prod1100081&rootCatGameStyle=)

Lord Raneus
04-11-2008, 03:33
So it's pretty much exactly like a Fire Dragon melta.

I can't see any problems with this and as said it would probably ease confusion.

senorcardgage
04-11-2008, 13:48
To OP: Yeah, go to town! I mean, as long as they are painted very similarly to the rest of the squad I don't think people will really even notice...

That said, the exarch model will stand out a bit :)

Eldoriath
04-11-2008, 15:09
Well, considering that blasters and fusion guns are nearly the same thing (same short range AT weapon) with just slightly different rules (melta traded for lance rule and slightly worse AP) i think it's actually a very good idea. With some spiky bitz and greenstuff i guess the firedragons could be made tol look very dark eldarish, go for it! =)

Griefbringer
04-11-2008, 16:02
In ye olden times, GW used to make a plastic Eldar weapon sprue that contained a variety of weapons, including a meltagun. Getting hold of one of those would be helpful for converting a plastic warrior.

NearsightedFarseer
04-11-2008, 17:59
AS long as it was explained to me before the game, that'd be no problem.

The Clairvoyant
04-11-2008, 21:29
For those who don't know

Blasters are short range lance + assault weapons, 1 shot 12" str8 ap 2. Currently there is NO model for warriors with blasters and the only way to get them for jetbikes is to buy the rather pricey squadron box.

Thanks for the clairification :)

Someone else mentioned 'Plasma Cannons'. Last time i played 40k a plasma cannon was a titan weapon. I assume these are what Heavy Plasma Guns used to be.

Ubermensch Commander
05-11-2008, 06:50
Considering blasters look like garbage, yes dear gott yes! Use almost ANYTHING to represent blasters and just point them out to me pre game and I have no problem with it.

LordofWar1986
05-11-2008, 06:56
I would not have a problem with this as long as you clarified before a battle :)