PDA

View Full Version : What theme should I use?

Leogun_91
03-11-2008, 09:24
Well I have just finished with my Chaos army wich leaves me with three fully playable and fun armies (Dwarfs, Greenskins and Warriors of Chaos), so now I have to decide for my next one and as I have some to chose from I decided to make a poll to see what people find the coolest.

1)Army of the bright order
Making a 3.000pts Empire army using all bright wizards as characters (and Gormann if I find his rules) and converting things to look like fire creations (I think Leadbelchers can work as fire elementals rulewise and a steamtank as a flaming chariot would be cool)

2)Reiksguard order
Another 3000pts army this would have LOTS of special characters (emperor, Kurt and Ludwig) and lots of knights, as it would be only a knightly order there wouldnīt be any magic defense (except that one banner) but I like the Reiksguard and having a huge army of knights rushing forward with the help of wannabee reikguards (pistoliers) would be cool as a theme and my steamroller unit would steamroll anything.

3)Zombie pirates of the Vampire coast
With Luthor Harkon riding a ghost ship (zombie dragon) and all his Zombie minions marching on this could be cool, got the idea from the pirate models of course but many units need little conversion to look piraty and ghost ships are cool.

4)Deamons of the empire
This army would be a deamon army that has deamons of the gods of the empire rather than from the chaos gods, with uber-warriors of sigmar as bloodletters and trees of ryha as deamonettes. This could be cool but my wallet wonīt like it.

5)Dragons
A HE army being all about dragons, a pair of dragon mages, the baby dragon models as eagles and lots of dragon princes, I love dragons itīs as simple as that.

6)Start playing Lotr
Well I have 40k and fantasy so itīs just a question of time anyway, unfortunately very few people I know play it.

Lordsaradain
04-11-2008, 00:13
Zombie pirates hands down.

Devil Tree
04-11-2008, 00:35
I concur, Zombie Pirates all the way.:skull:

Talonz
04-11-2008, 00:41
Voted #1, because it had the most fun modelling potential and doesnt go 'way out in left field' nor rely on special characters overly or knights.

#3 was a close second, because the ghost ship/zombie pirates is pretty darn cool.

von_Griff
04-11-2008, 00:58
Same...bright order thing seems cool, and u already have some good ideas.

Gazak Blacktoof
04-11-2008, 01:08
Either Z. Pirates or Bright Order. For practicality the Bright Order might be the easiest choice as you know the army will get updated. I voted for zombie pirates though because if you don't feel constrained by the rules its probably one of the most visually impressive armies around with a very stong theme.

Lister of Smee
04-11-2008, 01:43
Zombie pirates, they look so damn cool.
They also have a huge scope for conversion.

Dranthar
04-11-2008, 03:25
Zombie Pirates. I thought about Dragons for a moment but then I realised that Zombies > Dragons any time of the day. :D

However I do have one question - is it a concern for you that with the new VC army book, the Zombie Pirates WD list is now obsolete? Or are you sticking with the current VC list and theming accordingly?

CommissarKlink
04-11-2008, 03:25
I voted for Reiksguard, because I like armies with obvious drawbacks, and also massed cavalry charges are cool. I almost voted for the Bright Wizards, though, because of the scope for conversions, and because it would look extremely impressive on the tabletop.

mistformsquirrel
04-11-2008, 03:33
I'm personally digging the Daemons of the Empire idea.

Imagining say, a Bloodthirster as an Avatar of Sigmar, Bloodcrushers as Wolflords of Ulric, and so on...

You'd want to do a lot of research on the various gods to give them an appropriate look (check out the Tome of Salvation WFRP supplement for some info)... I really think its a spiffy idea frankly.

Its something I'd toyed with doing in 40k at one point, making Imperial angels using the Daemon list; but I gave up on the idea about the same time I gave up on 40k. This would be very cool though in my eyes.

The Bright Order one could be cool too if done right; but personally if it were mine to do I'd go with a "Colleges of Magic" army, having a wizard of each different College; and the army consisting of their body guards, magical creations, and the like.

Fraggzy
04-11-2008, 07:34
Dragons or Zombie pirates!! sounds like fun armies :D

The Brusier
04-11-2008, 07:42
Zombie Pirates... How could you not... :)