PDA

View Full Version : Which Eldar Pheonix Lord

rcm2216
04-11-2008, 07:06
Which Eldar Pheonix Lord kicks the butt in close combat and is the most effiecient for close combat? Basically who would kick the most butt in close combat?

kikkoman
04-11-2008, 07:09
Karandras attacks 6 times a round with a powerfist, or 7 with s5 chainsword
Maugan Ra and Jain Zar use gigantic man-cleaving blades

Fuegan has a s5 power axe and rolls 2d6 vs vehicles

Baharroth just has a power sword
Asuryan just has a master crafted diresword

Karandras has always been my personal favorite, but Jain Zar is strong too.

shin'keiro
04-11-2008, 07:20
For me it's Jain Zar... Always strikes first\Ini.8 with 5 x strength 7 attacks on the charge

Sergant ChinStrap
04-11-2008, 07:33
Asurmen against other Phoenix lords and characters alike 4++
But for normal troops i would have to say Jain Zar cause striking first no matter what with 6 str7 attacks hitting on 3's and your opponent possibly only having ws1 is always good so hes got my vote, then Fuegan FNP has to be good as well as a couple of str 5 attacks...

Badders
04-11-2008, 11:28
Personally i hate the pheonix lords but i think Jain Zar is best in combat but the Kandras is a close second as he is less likley to die getting to combat.

TwilightOdyssey
04-11-2008, 14:50
Asurmen is killer, literally ...

I prefer Karandras, however, 'cause I like using Scorpions. :)

Rutteger1
04-11-2008, 22:03
Save up a little, and buy the two you like the LOOK of most. Obviously consider the stats, but then you can hav them, and use them both, mybe then decide which is your favorite. They are probably all really good, so give maybe more than one a try ;)

Qualdinesh
04-11-2008, 22:41
or do what i did and buy them all Mewhaha!! I just love PL's they are my fave just to paint and put on display. for cc' I like Jain Zar.

Sadly I think i have fielded each once or twice out of all my games, so thats a good not to dust them off that get some SM blood flowing PL style :D

Tamwulf
05-11-2008, 15:33
I prefer Magna Ra just because of his fluff and that he is able to shoot the crap out of stuff before getting into close combat.

Really, it's a bit of a tough call. You could rephrase the question to "Which Phoenix Lord kicks butt in CC against..."
1. Power Armor (Marines and Chaos Marines)
2. Demons
3. CC Gods (Greater Demons, other Phoenix Lords, Death Bringer, Company Masters, Ork Warbosses, Bug Queens)
4. Everyone else

The answer will be different against each category.