PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Quest

The Clairvoyant
04-11-2008, 13:41
I can't find a forum dedicated to WHQ so i'm bunging it here under the umbrella of general warhammer fantasy (well, it is about warhammer fantasy)
If its in the wrong place, i'm sure someone will move it / shout at me for daring to post a thread in the wrong place

Anyway, I think i'm going mad.

I have a pretty much full set of all the rules for everything to do with warhammer quest, but there's one thing bugging me. I'm sure there were rules for a high-elf spearman as a playable character, and i have the model which relates to it, but i can't seem to find any.

Wikipedia lists all of the warrior packs, but not that one. And i can't seem to find any mention of him on any Quest sites. Was he in a White Dwarf?

I know its not the Elf Ranger as i have that warrior pack (he comes with swords rather than a spear)
Unless it was just some 'alternative model' they released. If i had my camera / wasn't at work i'd take a photo of the model (maybe i'll do that when i get home if i get no joy here).

yoshimo
04-11-2008, 13:50
as an extremely committed WHQ DM who still has all of the source material, I can tell you there was never an official high elf spearman. Whether or not you are going mad, is a different issue...

The Clairvoyant
04-11-2008, 14:02
ok thanks yoshimo :)

So i wonder what this model was for then. I'll do the photo tonight and hopefully someone will recognise it.

vinush
04-11-2008, 21:57
Was it not the alternative High Elf Character model they released for WFB (they released the Noble from quest into WFB at the same time)?

Has he got the spear held over his head, pointing forwards, and his fist raised holding a shield in front of him? If so, it is that model.

\/ince

The Clairvoyant
05-11-2008, 08:22
ah yes its that model.

Now i can rest easy!

I love WHQ, but its finding people willing to play it. Fortunately, my wife loves it (we played last weekend with some friends), but unfortunately, one of my gaming buddies wife doesn't like it which makes it difficult to say "hey, anyone fancy a game of Warhammer Quest?" So instead, we end up playing Pirates Cove (which is a fantastic boardgame), Risk GodStorm (if we have a spare 4 or 5 hours), or Railroad Tycoon (if i fancy a slow painful death from boredom).