PDA

View Full Version : ToLoTRPs NOVEMEBER '08 Month 4: Oct. Finished models and Nov. WIP

Death Korp
06-11-2008, 18:38
I hate Warseer (the site) sometimes. It won't load up, has this happened to anyone else this past week? Well, i have finished (!) some models this month, and the damn site works today, so I am desprately sorry for the appauling lateness.

I have taken loads of people off of the list, leaving aonly a couple left. Well done to the guys who could stay on.
We have said goodbye to Mr Feral and Crisis Core (good luck in them finals mate!) last month, and we hope they'll return to next years!

Continuing on:

Hello, and welcome to the 5th (Lost Count :D ) month of the Tale of LotR Painters! This is where the people who joined up to this post their WIPs for August and Julys Finished Models.

Your WIP models are NOT put into one post like the other TOPs, as I don’t want to be restrictive, and I want to have as many posts of piccies in these threads each month as possible.
At the beginning of next month, you will have ONE post showing 3 pictures of models you have done, and 1 picture with the army so far (in the same format as the TOPs threads), but the posts of WIPs after that are unrestrictive like this month. This is to make sure that I can see who has done their models for that month.

Hope you understand that!

Here are all the people who have joined and what army/ies they are doing:

(EDIT: I've taken everyone off of the lsit who hasn't posted in last months thread, leaving us with not alot of people. Well done you guys for keeping up, where others (and me) have failed)

Death Korp: Easterlings
dax: Corsairs of Umbarand Elves
lorelorn: Black Gate and Rohan
Leviro: Mordor
Sniper Kelly: Mordor
sartarius: Fiefdoms

And for all you people who don’t know…

SO WHATS THE TOLotRPS ABOUT THEN DEATH KORP YOU RAVING LUNATIC?

The aim of The Tale of Painters (TOP) is to help motivate those involved to complete a 500 point LotR army in the next six months.

The painters involved have made a commitment to paint and post, by the last day of each month, approx 100 points of their chosen army. They do this each month for the next 6 months. Starting with the first day of June 2008.

However, because people have real lives with exams, holidays, honeymoons, new babies etc, etc., they get one 'Joker'. For one month within the six months you can ‘play a joker’ and rather than post an update they can post saying, "sorry guys couldn't get it done this month. Real life got in the way." But the other 5 Months they have to come up with (approx) 100 points of painted and based figures. 100 points for 5 out of the next 6 months.

In six months time we will all end up with a finished 500 point army.

All chat, questions, discussion, WIP, painting advice, encouragement, tutorials, etc, etc, should be on this thread.

A new thread will be opened on the first day of each month (and will remain open for a week) for each painter to post one, and only one post with the next 100 point ‘update’ for the army they are painting and a picture of the army to date.
(OR one post for EACH army for those nutters painting more than one army!)

I will just take this opportunity to thank all the painters who have signed up for their interest and enthusiasm and for their ideas that have helped shape this project. I wish you all the best of luck and I hope this project is a big success for everyone involved. I also hope all you Warseers enjoy these results of all the work of the painters involved.

Cheers and have fun!

DK (Alex)

And now i'll post my own models which hasn't happened in 2 months! i am a slacker...

Death Korp
06-11-2008, 18:45
Here we go:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x292/hellgunboy/Picture172.jpg

4 Easterlings with Shield and Pike, and Captain and Halberd: 95pts

I am not going to paint alot more this month (Witch King) as I have exams but for December after MORE exams, I'll paint up some more kataphrakts (I have another 6 more to paint!).
I liked painting these guys, as they are quick and easy to do. Not my best work, but when you have loads of LOTR minis to paint, it is hard....

DK

Mr Feral
06-11-2008, 18:54
It's cool to see the Tale is still running (albeit with less people left :().

Best of luck everyone, and good work on the Easterlings DK!

dax
07-11-2008, 00:32
Unfortunately I won't be able to do more of the Elves for awhile (Chaos army getting in the way) so no more Elves.

Army: Corsairs Fleets

Allies: Harad and Mordor

Units: Dalamyr, Ballista Commander (Captain) 5 Corsairs with Bows, 4 Corsair (Harad) Raiders, 1 Corsair (Harad) Chieftain on Horse.

Conversions: Mmm where to start the Ballista Commander was converted from and Arbalester. I over did the whole pirate cliches on him. The Raiders are converted from Perry Miniatures ACW cavalry

Painting: Same old same old. I mixed around a few colours on Dalamyr because I wanted his cloak to be Black. I also use Gold on him rather than bronze.

Basing - I added a rook from the giant kit to Dalamyr's bae as there is loads of space on it.

Highs: Finshed my 500 points

Lows: I had to paint 7 horses for the raiders as I wasnt happy with 2 of the original ones. Some of the highlights on Dalamyr caused me problems.

Points this month: 294points

Points to date: 699 points

Dalamyr and the Ballista Commander

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/davejc/LOTR/Corsairs/COU55.jpg

5 Corsairs with Bows

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/davejc/LOTR/Corsairs/Counov1.jpg

4 Corsair Raiders, 1 Corsair Chieftain on Horse.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/davejc/LOTR/Corsairs/counov2.jpg

Army Shot:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/davejc/LOTR/Corsairs/cou56.jpg

Thats me officially finished with a month to spare. I have a fair bit of other stuff to add though as I want this to top out at around 1200 points so I may have more stuff to show for month 6.

Leviro
08-11-2008, 17:45
Ive painted all but one of my orcs from last month, leaving me with 7 orcs and one captain to go, all basecoated. Sorry i havent posted before, couldnt seem to find the post. edited with photos

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn47/LeviroW/stuff019.jpghttp://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn47/LeviroW/stuff018.jpg

Sniper Kelly
09-11-2008, 18:43
Hi all,

I'm almost there now, just three more bases to finish, some shield designs and I'm done.

Although, if I can find the time, I might add another 100 points on...

PS. Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures!

lorelorn
10-11-2008, 05:54
Your armies are looking good Dax and Sniper Kelly.

Two computer failures in as many weeks have left me unable to post any images, but Rohan is complete. I'll get images by the end of the month, assuming my home-based computer repair attempts come off.

Death Korp
03-12-2008, 14:02
Dax: Corsairs look absolutly fantastic mate :)

Leviro: Nice army you have there, keep it going :)

Right, i'll put up the last :'( thread for the ToLoTRGs, well done to you all that have kept on!

DK